Close

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

The most interesting thing i've seen done with a (or multiple) 3D printer(s) is the E-Nable project. I love the cheap prosthetics opening up new chances for disabled people.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

My dream 3D Printer would have 4 printheads courtesy of the Duet board, a 50*50*50cm build area, heated build chamber and bed and an autoleveling printbed.

My entry:

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

Our InBloom dress a 100% 3dprinted dress is perhaps the most interesting and challenging 3dprint we've done on an ultimaker www.xyzworkshop.com/InBloom

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

A nano-particle 3d printer that reconstructs atoms to print any material in the world including admantium! And cause it prints atoms it could also print you another 3dprinter! And of course print things in measured in nanoseconds. ~patent pending~

One of the most interesting things that I have seen done with a 3D printer is highly complex lamp designs not possible by traditional manufacturing methods.

If I could build my dream 3D printer, it would be a personal fabrication machine. It would have multi-color/multi material extruders, multiple paste extrusions, CNC mill attachment via something like a dremel, a heated build chamber and plate, an activated carbon filter fan to ventilate the strong smells from the filament as well as a webcam to monitor the print and a 3D scanner built into the system.

Organic 3D printing, allowing doctors to print genetically compatible body parts.

A printer capable of printing in multiple mediums simultaneously, as well as alloyed materials (by combining medium sources on hand), and full color printing.
    Would be used for engineering prototyping, as well as final production models, educational modeling, artistic sculptures, and medical modeling.

The most interesting thing I've seen done with 3D printing is definitely 3D printing of nano particles by a team at Harvard University to create very small batteries. The team aims to develop a method to 3D print entire electronics in a single output from one digital blueprint. They also aim to make the individual parts of the printer itself 3D printable, with the aim of making the 3D printing of these tiny batteries open source and accessible to the masses.

My dream 3D printer would include a self-replenishing filament system, in which used-filament material was automatically melted down, restrung and reloaded into the 3D printer. The printer would be a supportive element in 3D virtual reality experiences, such as those offered with Google Cardboard. Just as a video game preloads virtual game world elements into memory, this 3D printer would pre-print 3D tactile components into the space surrounding the VR user. These components would augment their virtual reality experience by providing real tactile elements to coincide with the audio visual components of their virtual reality. Just as the audio and visual elements of a virtual experience are allocated into CPU and GPU memory, the printer too would continuously recycle material and allocate the recycled filament to print new objects.

-What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?

Couple of things actually. I've seen a news where a group of people managed to print a structure made from concrete. Another one is printing body parts. Very helpful for people with heart problems and who suffered major burns.

-If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!

My dream 3d printer should be able to print using metal. I know a cnc mill would do but i just want to see that happen in a smaller scale.

Student
    Add Cloud9TN on Facebook
    My entry:

The coolest thing I have seen done with 3d printers so far is the fabrication of AR-15 lower receivers. Long live the second amendment. Also, I've seen some undescribable geometries that really blew my mind.

My dream machine would have a HUGE build platform. Currently, I'd like to build an oddly shaped part with dimensions around 19x10x3 which is slightly beyond most machines (that I could ever hope to afford). Another thing is speed. I would love to have a FAST printer so I could give manufacturing a go.

Fingers crossed!

Hi, congrats on the massive giveaway!

- The most interesting thing done with 3D printing for me is the ability to manufacture at home with only your fff machine. That way dreamers can materialize their fantasies on the fly for a fraction of the cost it took before (sometimes it was even impossible). Sorry I can't choose a single print, I like them all. Here's something miscellaneous of my own making http://www.threeding.com/product.php?id=856

- My "Dream Machine" is a combination of fff, 3D scan, cnc and laser technologies, maybe even a coloring device for the fff prints. Such printers are already in production I hope soon we can see a great "hydra" device!

My entry:

The coolest thing I've seen done with 3D printers so far is the built-in auto bed level calibration in Marlin firmware.
    I'll talk ~5 minutes about the Holy Grail of home FFF 3D printers on the Budapest New Technology Meetup at 19:00 CET, today. That presentation describes my dream setup. Here're the slides: meetup-3dprint-szent-gral.pdf

Add Geoff on Thingiverse

The most interesting would be simply a machine that can replicate itself into another machine. When your TV is dying, can you get it to make you another TV? when your microwave needs replacement.. does it cook itself a new one? .. the list could go on for pages..
    No, nothing I've seen growing up is as cool as what we are getting to play with right now.

A Star Trek Replicator - c'mon. What could be better than that?

t.JPG
    Last edited by Geoff; 11-24-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast