Close

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
    Student
    Follow A3DTech On Twitter
    - What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    I've been working to print micro RC airplanes. So far I've just been doing test prints, but my goal is to print 3+ channel RC planes with less than 10" wing spans.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    A Dream 3D Printer would be able to have multiple heads that can print a variety of materials simultaneously. That could print a robot, or a plane, with the circuitry built into it, so you don't have to make a big hollow space for an off the shelf device.

What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing I have seen done with a 3D printer is printed medical models of human anatomy. This is amazing as it helps doctors learn about human anatomy with cheaper printed anatomy models without having to use real human cadavers. It is also helpful for doctors who can use it for study before actually going in for the surgery.

If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    If I could build my own dream 3D printer, it would include a function to replicate exact human tissues and organs so that doctors can use it for immediate replacement for patients who need it. It would help all especially the less well of in view of the escalating cost of medical fees and operations.

- What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    The most interesting thing is printing houses and other large structures since I think this could be a way to build more efficiently and rapidly.

- If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    A printer that runs on it's on, is quite and can run in my bedroom with out disturbing my sleep.

Technician
    1. What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Printing bodyparts.
    2. If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    I would really like to print with a lot of different materials. So, the printer of my dreams must be have a lot of extruders / nozzles which can be used for different types of materials. I am thinking of:
    Steel, Aluminium, The "normal" filamants, like ABS / PLA based. Wood, Paper. But also can printed food, or semi-food materials.
    Because of the parts I want to be printed, must it have a very big printsurface. But it must be printed fast, so I don't have to wait days for 1 big print.

Student
    Follow vfrride On Twitter
    The most interesting thing I've seen done with a 3d printer is the combination of materials to make complex structures that respond to their environment. Whether using living tissue, combinations of plastics, conductive materials, etc, the ability of printer to make complex composites will open up a whole range of new capabilities for professionals, makers and hobbyists. I look at the work being done to create prosthetics and can't wait to see what the future brings! I'm sure that eventually rather than reproducing existing physical structures that we'll make enhancements that will make what was previously a handicap an opportunity to go beyond!

My dream 3d printer would be a 6 axis robot arm with a variety of extruders holding different materials. With a 6-axis arm you would be able to better mold surfaces to create final finishes. One of the extruders would be able to put out conductive material so that you could create circuit pathways right into the part.

1) What is the most interesting thing you have seen done with a 3D printer or 3D printing technology?
    Powder bed SLS/EBM that can produce parts with near theoretical density and egn properties, and the resent design for extreme scale concrete based AM for civil Egn applications (id live in a AMed house).

2) If you could build your dream 3D printer, what would it include and what would it do? Let your imagination run wild!
    For a consumer level: multi axis single head with multiple options (FFF{multi exstruder or multi material single head}, laser cutting, milling) or a polymer SLM, also large build size 1 cubic foot.

Entry submission below.
    1. The coolest thing I saw this year was a prosthetic hand that I printed for the E-nable community.
    2. I would build a large format printer that could be adjusted to print large or small items as needed so that I didn't have to have lots of printers to satisfy different needs, it would also have 4 extruders so that I could print multiple colors/materials as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    - The most interesting thing done with 3D printing technology in my opinion is the ability to create custom objects that are specifically made for a particular person. An example of this would be a custom earphone that fits perfectly in my ear, or a custom mouth guard.

- It is hard for me to answer about a dream 3D printer, as I am new to 3D printing, but it would certainly include the ability to print multiple colors. Additionally, it would be awesome to print a large variety of materials, such as metals as well as plastics, nylon, etc.

I was part of a project that involved the creation of a morphable hearing aid that was printed specifically morphed for each patient, and printed en mass on a very large platen. This was several years ago, and was a huge success.

I would build a printer that was light enough to be carried by a multirotor that would be programmed to fly a pattern that built art or structure. It would be flown by electromagnetic field generators on the perimeter of the build area, and levitated by these same fields in conjunction with the rotors by repelling an electromagnet aboard the rotorcraft. The variance in the fields would act as the 'remote control' signal as well as assist in moving the flying printer from point to point. The rotors would be providing the cooling air while also assisting in levitation. An umbilical would hang from above to feed the strand and power to the magnet, rotors and print heads (minimum of 3) to enable uninterrupted feed and flight. The act of printing would become an art form as much as a production platform.

The neatest thing I have seen done with a 3d printer would be a flashlight done by Mosaic Manufactruing.

And, if I could build my dream 3d printer, it would include auto bed leveling and calibration, triple extruder for support material, flexible material, and an multicolor material synced like Mosaic Manufacturings unit is.

Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast