Close

Jurassic Park Boat

Hello,Someone went through the trouble of modeling this Jurassic Park Boat here: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...sic-Park?hl=enWhen I download this sketchup file, convert to STL parts of the model are missing. It looks fine as an STL, but when I slice it is missing pieces. Additionally, if I create an OBJ it is even worse.Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 12.01.22 PM.jpgThis is the STLScreen Shot 2021-02-10 at 12.01.56 PM.jpgThis is when I slice the STLHelp would be much much appreciated.I am using Dremel Cloud slicing software and the Dremel 3D45

Staff Engineer
    Of all the 3D modeling programs with which I am familiar, SketchUp has the worst track record for creating printable models. I did not download the file from the links provided, but it's likely that your model has a number of STL failures, which can include reversed normals, self-intersecting faces and other problems.

Consider using an online STL repair resource to see if the file can be salvaged. Sometimes the failures are so severe that there is no repair possible.

This worked. Thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by HFBerman87 View Post
    This worked. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Could you show us the final result?