Close

Thread: Printing issues

Question Printing issues

I just got my Ender 3 V2 a few days ago. I have started designing a simple local church but the surface of the print is not what I was expecting.

The main issue is layers not being exactly on top of each other near openings(windows). (Red circles in the attached image). Is this setting related or do I need to change my model?

For the blue circle, it is not a nice and flat surface. It happens in this location in every print of the church. You can see it in the background as well.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to improve these issues?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    When printing using higher layer heights this happens on occasions.

I use Prusaslicer 2.3.0 then when I get close to these areas I change to a lower layer height avoiding these effects.
    On steeple I would 3D Print at again using smaller layer height with slower print speed.

Using Prusaslicer 2.3.0 modifiers an can select different areas then change the standard settings to help eliminate these characteristics.

Thank you for your reply, I will try doing that.

Also I have tried changing the extrusion length to fix the issues in the red circles but that didn't do anything other than causing more stringing.

I have added another closeup of the issue below:
    2021-02-09 19.20.20.jpg

news

Nice to see this post here. Thanks for sharing this with us. Looking for the News of every day? Here you can check this News Portal here.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I suddenly remembered now had posted and went back to a old post on a different forum and dug up this old post.

This is quite a frequent problem with my Cura and happens quite often.
    when any change happens on Z-Axis, could be many changes to the shape of the model, the outcome is always the same style texture surface change.

Look at this example Black is Cura Blue is Prusa Slicer 2.3.0
    Right Lead-Screw comparison.jpg

Looking you cannot believe the differences a slicer can make.