Close

Need 3d printing help with brand new ender 3

I recently got an ender 3 (with v1.1.5 mainboard and glass bed) but i noticed that when printing flat parts and using .2mm layer height i got very uneven results as show in the images below. This usually happens during the 2nd or 3rd layer. I'm using CCTREE black pla (some cheap pla i found) so that could be the reason but im really not sure, im new to this. Could it be that my room is quite dusty? Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (99.2 KB, 7 views)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (94.9 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (90.4 KB, 5 views)

Hi, I'm no expert but I'll answer as it looks rare to get any replies.What temps' are you using? I have tried loads of different settings but find for me (Ender 5) I start printing at 60' bed and 210' nozzle for the first layer, then drop each to 55'/205'.I had quite a bit of faffing with the bed levelling, but found a few good print on ThingyVerse - thing:2987803 works well.Also are you using a slicer or printing direct from the downloaded file, I use Cura slicer (Free) first, this is where I can adjust the temps etc. really good free app.I hope this helps and I welcome anyone who may want to correct me, but doubt anyone will reply.Good luck.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    It appears that you may have bed adhesion problems.
    Clean the bed with a 91% isopropyl alcohol, then try Aqua Net hair spray on the bed surface to help with adhesion.

Engineer-in-Training
    Ciff is right start by making sure you have a clean print bed and add something to the surface to aid adhesion.Glass beds are great because they are flat but have no texture to gab the extruded filament (unless they are frosted)so often need some help. one cheap solution we use is to clamp a thin 1mm piece of Tufnol (Garalite in USA) to the glass and print on that. lightly sand the surface and it ready to go. We don't use any coating on that surface for PLA or Nylon, but for ABS we use ABS Milk ( 10% abs dissolved in Acetone) and a smear of PVA stick (Prit , Elmers) for PET-G.Thin Tufnol is cheap About 80p for a 325 x325 piece for the Ender 3 and if a job sticks hard to the surface gently bending the tufnol sheet always releases it.