Close

Thread: Tronxy x5sa Pro

Student

Tronxy x5sa Pro

Hi, I a, new to 3d printing. I have been reading this board quite a lot and have learned a lot. I am not a kid, I am retired and this is one of my hobbies now. I have read a lot of negative study about this printer and after a lot of research I have determined that most of the issues are operator error. I want this thread to be a continuing thread about this printer and will be posting pics, errors I have made, issues with this printer and any thing else I can think of. Don’t ask me questions about your ended or any other brand. I don’t know about them. I will post my fixes to the issues I have. If this needs to be posted somewhere else, let me know.The build went very well. It is a very sturdy printer. I used a 1 2 3 machinist block to square the corners. One possible issues is squaring the x axis. There are no instructions. I just moved it all the way to the back and tightened it down. I used a micrometer the level the build surface. I have since installed a timing belt. First print would not stick to the build surface. I used window cleaner and white vinegar on the surface. No luck. I took it off to wash it with soap and water and discovered I had the build plate on upside down. PLA won’t stick to bare aluminum. I sticks very well to the Tronxy build side. I run the bed temp at 60 and hot end at 200. I am going to start decreasing the bed temp and see if that helps with release. I had a recurring filament out error. I even changed the filament. All newbies need to learn how to do this and even practice. Turns out that the connector for the detector comes loose. I will be looking at it tomorrow and post what I find. I am at the end of a 13 hour print. My printer is on the floor of my bedroom until a build my space for it. It is safe from my 2 yr and 9 month old granddaughters. They live with us. Pictures coming tomorrow.

Student
    It got finished printing so here are pics of it. Notice the bed height. I added code to my slicers to lower my bed when printing is done. I use the Tronxy slicer and Ultimaker cura. If you are interested in the code, let me know and I will post it here with pics of where it goes. Let me know what you think of the build and what changes I need to look at with my slicer. The red filament is Hatch PLA. I couldn’t figure out how to post pictures in a reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    It won’t allow me to post more that one or two picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    I had another issue with my filament detector today. After it detected no filament, even with filament going through it, I noticed that when I pushed on the connector the blue light came on and went off when I released it. I removed the detector. It was very loose. I opened it up and noticed there was a fair amount of room for the circuit board to move around. I reassembled it. I applied pressure on the connector while I reinstalled the sensor. This moved the board closer to the switch. It has worked well all day now.

Student
    The printer has been working great. I have tested the power off restart and it works as it is supposed too. I will be slowing up for a couple weeks because I have an enormous amount of pain in my left clavicle. Slightly decreased by narcotics and goes down to my wrist. Turns out it is a lyric lesion, multiple myeloma. This is third episode must by far my most painful. I will dock on stuff when I can.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have printed so many models almost perfectly. I rarely listen when someone who tells me that my 3D Printer is no good.

If I have to purchase the printer they suggested, Would never have a 3D Printer let alone the two cheap used 3D Printers currently own.

Student
    Thanks for the reply. I enjoy tinkering and tracking down problem as. That is how I learn. I don’t think any printer is perfect and there are a lot with a lot more problems. I just want to document my enxperience with my printer and hopefully someone with benefit from it.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I have posted everything believed would help someone with the same 3D Printers I have.
    An after a while started helping others with there problems if believing my knowledge could help with there current problem.

Wanted to learn as much as possible have became a user on 6 forums reading everything could understand.
    It is difficult to understand without a frame of reference or knowledge of the basic 3D Printer others are requesting help on...
    It helps learning by reading posts on other more complex 3D Printers an the slicer they are using.