Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Davinci Jnr 1.0 - how do I get compatible files?

Hello - I'm new to this forum and could really use some help!

We've just bought a Davinci Jnr 1.0. The only thing we can print is the demo file from the SD card because I can't find any files on XYZPrinting web site that actually work.
    For example I copied the Eiffel Tower to the SD card (because it had the same file extension as the demo so I assumed was compaitible) but it just says invalid file when I select it on the printer.

I have tried countless times to ring XYZ and emailed them but I get cut off everytime on the phone and get no response to emails?

I just want to print something other than the demo !!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks you.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Here are some files to allow you to use Slic3r or Prusaslicer.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you very much for the response. Unfortunately I don't know what do once I've unzipped the files. I think you may have assumed I know a lot more about this than I do!

I assumed you would post like you did if you had any questions.

Files I attached allow you to use a different slicer to slice the models for your Davinci Jnr 1.0. 1st unzip the files to a folder to allow access.
    I would suggest starting by download Prusaslicer 2.3.0 an install the program.
    Start the Prusaslicer 2.3.0. Select File > Import > Import Config : locate and select Dav_VanciI_1.0_AIO.ini PrusaSlicer is ready to select a model ans slice for Dav_VanciI.

This should allow you to slice a model an 3D Print with your Davinci Jnr 1.0.

Update

Thanks again Robert (I've had to use the 'reply with quote' option as the normal reply button has disappeared so hope this reaches you ok).I've done everything you said and now have a fully working version of Prusaslicer 2.3 and the installed davinci jnr s/w you sent on the earlier link.Question is (hopefully final one) can I load any pre-existing models for my printer - I don't want to design one from scratch (yet). The demo that came with it has a file extension of .3w buton the site I've used (XYZPrinting.com) some of the models (e.g. Eiffel Tower) have that .3w extension but still won't work on my printer (file error).Also, on the Prusaslicer software, when I try to open a file from my SD card, none of the .3w files I have saved to it appear?Can you pint me in the right direction (again!).Many thanks.Mark

Loading no -:- Importing Yes

Prusaslicer works from a project file mainly 3mf & amf files.
    You can import the Files make any changes you require for this model to print perfectly save as a 3mf file and every time you load the 3mf file all configurations load,
    without the need to set them every time for every 3mf model you work with.

Hello again.Problem I've got is that when I go to Open Project, none of my files are showing to load because they are not in the right format (I assume) - the drop down on file type only allows.3mf and .amf - so how do I load in my .3w files?

Student
    Down at the bottom of the window, change the file type to all files *.* The files on the screen card have to be run through the slicer and converted to the format your printer uses. You can’t just take a file and put it on your printer without converting it.

Thank you for the response.I have tried that but all it gives me in the drop down box is Project Files (*.3mf, *.amf) - there is no option for all files *.* (I am clicking on the small arrow and only the one option is coming up).Really frustrating - why on earth wouldn't I get the all files option???

OK, try this. Install Cura slicer https://ultimaker.com/software/ultimaker-cura
    Now, go to stlfinder,com and look around. Use Cura to convert .stl files into gcode for the printer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast