Close

Z Offset Problem With BL Touch Ender 3 Pro

Hi All,

I am about to pull my hair out on this one, so hoping someone can help with a possible solution and I have searched all over for answers and not finding anything about it. I will list what I have and than tell you what the problem is.

Ender 3 Pro with 32bit Board V4.2.2
    BL Touch Model 3.1
    Micro Swiss Hot End
    PrinterMods MDD
    Creality Glass Bed
    FIRMWARE is the latest from daily builds at https://marlin.crc.id.au/
    Version Downloaded was for the 4.2.2 board with BL Touch

After finding out my Ender 3 Pro did not have the 8bit board and sending the BL Touch kit back to get the correct one I actually need, I than went ahead to install the BL Touch. No problems on the installation, but getting the bed height adjustment to be correct has been a nightmare. I have all of my initial probe offsets as close as I can get them for now, but the nozzle still stays about 2-3mm off the bed and my bed screws are almost as high as they can go. When retracted, the BL Touch probe is approximately 3mm above the bottom of the print nozzle. So I know you should be able to adjust this by going into advanced settings and adjusting the home offsets, but when I try and do that I get a too far error message. It does clear after a power cycle. I have also just tried to use the move axis command, which does allow me to get closer to the bed, but when I go back into the home offsets to try to set them, it tells me I have to Set Home.

Hoping someone may have some insights on this and thanks in advance!

I'm guessing you haven't gotten any solutions to this. I'm having a similar issue and look for solutions myself.

Engineer-in-Training
    As I have said elsewhere If you have a glass bed which is flat then you don't need a BLtouch. The BL touch allows for uneven print beds by mapping there errors and adjusting the z axis to compensate. A glass bed provides a flat surface so just set the nozzle height above the glass bed using the paper method (which you have to do anyway) then need of the BL touch. Just one more thing to go wrong!