Close

Best filament colour to match Commodore computers

Hey all. Only recently joined the forum after spending hours on here but I just wondered if anyone here knew of a filament (PLA) that best matches the colour for older commodore (Vic 20, C64, Pet etc) as I'm doing a restoration project and would love to print off some missing parts.I know it wont be exact since aging to the original machines can cause colour variations. I know the RAL number for the colour is 1019 if that helps.I'm in the UK so a local stockist would be amazing but if not importing is cool too. Thank you!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    ivory white would probably be the best bet.

It's got the pale yelllowish tinge that all 'white' plastic seemed to have back then :-)

Also I saw a ral colour thing recently...
    Hmm, no idea where that was, definitely a filament site - but here's some ivory from 3dfilaprint.com
    https://shop.3dfilaprint.com/white-214-c.asp
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 01-26-2021 at 06:35 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Filaments listed by RAL numbers are made by (among others) spectrum filaments in Poland As I remember the colours of Commodore pets they were slightly Ivory So RAL 1015.Perhaps you can borrow a RAL colour booklet from a paint supply shop and compare the colours that way.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi Kopi I had misread your post and missed the part about knowing it was RAL1019 I have a RAL swatch of 1019 in front of me and I would call it medium Beige rather than cream or white is that right.The only supplier I could find for it was ColorfAB IN GERMANY AT e45 PER kG
    Last edited by Gambo; 01-28-2021 at 08:12 AM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Ps they call it Grey Beige