Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Engineer-in-Training
    The right hand fan on the hot end is the material cooling fan and is controlled by the slicer setting, The main board cooling fan stops and starts on the ender 3 depending in how warm the motherboard has got.On my Ender3 pro it runs about half the time. That might have had a bearing if your fault as that could be related to over heating of the mother board causing poor joints to expand and loose contact - just a guess !!

https://youtu.be/QyMqnTplVgc
    I could not figure out how to upload a video directly, so here is a link to a video of what is actually happening.

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi could you make another video like you last but put a permanent marker line on the wheel and the sprocket of the extruder and also a few line about 5mm on the filament. That way I can have a try at slow motion analysis of the extruder motion.

Engineer-in-Training
    At this point I am afraid it is time swapping parts. IMHO the most likely is the board containing the motor drivers which in the Ender 3 I think is the main board. When you have removed it from the printer it would be a good idea to inspect all the solder joints on the board with a magnifying glass looking for cracks in the solder joints. If you find an reheating them with a soldering iron usually solves the problem!!

Hope this helps and good luck!

The nozzle is always packed full when I remove it. Is the problem with that possibly?

Engineer-in-Training
    unless for some reason your hot end had gone cold while you were trying to print!! I don't think it has any bearing. when it starts clicking you could check the nozzle temperature.

I think I finally figured out the problem, which was my nozzle was to small. It has been printing fine since then and I would like to thank everyone for their help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123