Close

SKR 1.3 UART not working with TMC2208 v3.0

I think i went through every online guide at this point and even used someone elses firmware for the same set up as i have and its still not working when it does for them. i removed all the jumpers exept for the one for the power to the beaord and then i placed th 4 jumpers to the UART pins for each axis, sending m122 gives me error : ALL LOW for each axis. i thought that with2208 v3.0 i dont need to do any mods but given i used firmware that work for someone else i erally dont know what to do anymore. :'(
    Attached Files Attached Files

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    So there are 2 types of tmc2208 v3.0 drivers you can buy. You can buy them in step or in uart. Obviously you have the drivers that come configured for for step and you will need to solder some tiny pads together on the underside of each driver to enable uart. Alternatively you could just source a new set of drivers that advertise themselves as being uart compliant. And maybe make some lemonade while you are at it and get the newer tmc2226 drivers. They are based off the tmc2209 drivers but run cooler. Or you could just adjust the pot on each of your drivers with a screwdriver and measure voltage and set your forward current the old fashioned way. Put some of them jumpers back in under the drivers to take the mainboard out of uart mode if that is what you are doing. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

thanks ill try soleding the pads,i have drivers from btt so i assumed they are uart ready maybe i was wrong tho, thanks ill post if it worked when i tried it

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I did that once myself. They are tiny pads. I got the job done and they worked but I wasn't pleased with the way it all looked so I bought the drivers that were already configured for UART just to make sure there wouldn't be any problems because we let our printers run for so long. A magnifying lens and fine tip on the iron will help and don't forget the flux and a wet sponge make things flow easier.

Thanks, it worked. They are tiny pands and that resistor above them doesnt help, i check with a multimiter and i got no shorts. Uart is working now and hopefully it'll end my other problems. just in case someone comes here looking for a solution ----- https://www.instructables.com/TMC220...11-and-V13-Co/ --------
    Thanks a lot autoWiz i wouldnt even know to check this i was told they came 'ready' to use in UART.