Close

Duel Extruder - What to get

Hi All,

Been running an Ender 3 Pro for a while now and a I print a lot of wargaming terrain and mini's.
    I'm looking to upgrade to a duel extruder as I'd love to print water soluble supports, especially for some of the more complex/detailed minis.
    Auto bed levelling is a huge plus on a new machine, as well as a build area that is at a minimum the same size as the ender pro 3 (220x220x250mm)

The printer that I was looking at was a Flashforge creator 3 v2, but I've seen some pretty mixed reviews for the price tag.

Would love some help / suggestions on printers to look at, or feedback on the flashforge creator 3 v2.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    you're definitely going down the right route.
    IDEX is definitely the way to go for dual extrusion.

we do have a member who had issues on his creator 3 - trying to remember what he ended up with, he's really happy with the one he's got.

Raise 3d V2
    Not cheap - but apparently worth the money.

Hi Curious, thanks for the tip. The Raise 3d stuff really does seem to kick it up a notch, and your definitely right on the price side of things - the raise 3d E2 (entry level machine for them?!) is about 3k AUD more than the creator 3

Seems like maybe in that price bracket the creator 3 might be the best solution?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pom View Post
    Hi Curious, thanks for the tip. The Raise 3d stuff really does seem to kick it up a notch, and your definitely right on the price side of things - the raise 3d E2 (entry level machine for them?!) is about 3k AUD more than the creator 3

Seems like maybe in that price bracket the creator 3 might be the best solution?
    I had a Creator 3 and apart from it having extremely noisy fans it fell down when I wanted to use one extruder to print supports, it was a complete failure.
    Each time the extruder came to print supports it extruded offset and each layer then just compounded the problem, any print looked like each layer suffered massive layer shift.

Neither Flashforge nor the UK distributor seem inclined to address the problem so I returned it for a refund.

I bought a Raise3D E2 and I am very happy with it, the few print failures have been down to operator error. It is very quiet and as near to plug and play as is possble I think, the Idemaker slicer contains loads of ready made profiles that work right out of the box.
    Build quality is also very good.
    A dedicated Raise3D manufacturers forum to ask any questions is a big plus as well.

Expensive......yes. Ease of use and peace of mind....priceless.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    So I guess the flashforge if you don't mind tinkering and the raise 3d if you just want it to work.

I have seen a lot of positive reviews for the creator 3 - but there are also a number of negative ones mixed in - probably too many to ignore for the price point, if I'm being honest.

If flashforge want tos end me one to test - I could give a better answer ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    I had a Creator 3 and apart from it having extremely noisy fans it fell down when I wanted to use one extruder to print supports, it was a complete failure.
    Each time the extruder came to print supports it extruded offset and each layer then just compounded the problem, any print looked like each layer suffered massive layer shift.

Neither Flashforge nor the UK distributor seem inclined to address the problem so I returned it for a refund.

I bought a Raise3D E2 and I am very happy with it, the few print failures have been down to operator error. It is very quiet and as near to plug and play as is possble I think, the Idemaker slicer contains loads of ready made profiles that work right out of the box.
    Build quality is also very good.
    A dedicated Raise3D manufacturers forum to ask any questions is a big plus as well.

Expensive......yes. Ease of use and peace of mind....priceless.

That is really frustrating to hear about the creator 3, as thats one of the primary reasons i want to move to a duel extruder. I think as Curious said, just too many negatives at this stage for the pricepoint to pull the trigger.
    Might just have to wait to get a raise 3d E2