Close

poor quality after nozzle change :/

hi, i treated my self to an ENDER 3 a few weeks back and have been loving it! so far ive just been using the stock 0.4 nozzle that was in it when it came and got some very nice quality prints, the first few i did weren't perfect but things really improved when i dropped the layer height to 0.1 and upped the temps abit, at 200 it didn't always seem to be fusing the filament together enough so went up to 210 and after installing a glass bed i upped the bed to 60 to get it to stick haha. anyway i just did a mod on the hotend (small length of ptfe tube with spacer above to press fit) and while i was at it i changed the nozzle to one from a pack i got off ebay, its the same dimensions and bore size but it has a slightly bigger flat face on the tip, now the quality is the worst ive had so far little ridges in side walls, little imperfections and stringing here and there. i obviously re leveled the bed after putting it in and bringing the nozzle temp back down to 200 has helped a bit but still no where near as good as it was.
    my instinct says put the old nozzle back in but that seems defeatist, does anyone know what's going on :/?
    cheers

Try 220 first layer, 215 after that, and a 60º bed.

Engineer-in-Training
    Have you set your slicer settings for the new sized nozzle

Engineer-in-Training
    It's not a defeat to go back to a working setting 'a wise general knows when to retreat to asses the situation before advancing once more'

hi sorry for late reply thank you all for the advice i did end up changing back to the original nozzle in the end.
    how do you set different temps for individual layers?? i didnt alter the settings in cura but the bore was the same (0.4) so surely thats the only variable in terms of the nozzle?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Cura has the ability to change at Z