Close

‘Hover’ printing failure

Hey all, fairly new to the 3D printing world. But when I attempt to make a print where it requires to print a section in the air or hovering so to speak. The threads just become messy or non binding and the reprint never recovers.

What am I doing wrong?

Printing with prima Easyprint pla. Temp 197C on extruder and 25c on bed. Full fan speed and full flow.

Staff Engineer
    You'll want to locate the setting in your slicer for supports. Turn on supports and the slicer will create a print file that builds a series of walls or towers that sit where the droopies happen. After the print is complete, snap/cut/break them off and perform a bit of clean up.

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. Does it set up a support automatically for the print?

Staff Engineer
    Once you turn on the supports, you should see how they are placed in the preview. What slicer are you using? There are adjustments available for support density, support angle, others.

I'm using Cura.

I've just now tried a new print with supports activated, placements set for everywhere and support overhang angle at 47 degrees.
    I also raised the bed temp to 60, and selected brim at build plate adhesion type.

Now there is a new issue, and it seems that the print isnt handling the tit knit criss cross patterns, because its just messing it up and not connecting/binding photos are attached. If you have an idea on this I'd be grateful for your help. thumbnail_image0.jpgthumbnail_image2.jpg

Staff Engineer
    What percentage of infill do you have set? Can you either attach your STL file or link it from the source? The brim has an even surface, which bodes well for the bed leveling. I'm not sure what to make of your problem description (yet).

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    also what temps, speeds, printer - the more information you give the better we can advise you.

That's a lot of brim. You only need 2-3 layers instead of 15, if any at all for that print.
    I use 215º-60º for PLA.