Close

Student

Question Newbie Print Problems

Hi All. I have just printed this cylinder but it is showing two rings of imperfection. The rest of the print is fine!Any ideas of what is causing it please? Photo Attached. Printer FLSun QQ-S :Filament ESun PLA+ :Nozel Temp 210 :Bed Temp 60
    Attached Images Attached Images

Student
    Well.. I printed another two times, and both were the same. Sliced in "Cura". So I tried slicing with "Slic3r" and it is printing fine now! Looks like I'll be sticking with Slic3r for now :-)

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by mick-h View Post
    Well.. I printed another two times, and both were the same. Sliced in "Cura". So I tried slicing with "Slic3r" and it is printing fine now! Looks like I'll be sticking with Slic3r for now :-)

Slic3r is good Though PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 rc2 Being a offshoot if Slic3r is a better choice While you are trying give it a try.

P.S. PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 rc2 will import your Slic3r profiles as it basically is Slic3r but much much better.
    I fact it is the best Free Slicer that this 3D Printer user has seen!!!

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Slic3r is good Though PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 rc2 Being a offshoot if Slic3r is a better choice While you are trying give it a try.P.S. PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 rc2 will import your Slic3r profiles as it basically is Slic3r but much much better.I fact it is the best Free Slicer that this 3D Printer user has seen!!!
    Thanks Clif, I'll give it a try today. I have only been printing for a few weeks so far, so any help is appreciated I have found that the CAD Design is the biggest learning curve! but I have managed to design two of my own prints so far, both turned out well :-)Thanks again Clif.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Slic3r is good Though PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 rc2 Being a offshoot if Slic3r is a better choice While you are trying give it a try.P.S. PrusaSlicer 2.3.0 rc2 will import your Slic3r profiles as it basically is Slic3r but much much better.I fact it is the best Free Slicer that this 3D Printer user has seen!!!
    Well I tried Prusa Slicer, started the print and the nozzle dived head first into the bed and gouged a groove in it across the radius :-) Seems it doesn't like my printer :-)So I'm back with Slic3r for now. It seems to do a good job.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah sometimes sticking eith what works - even if it's a bit less easy to use - is the best choice.

what cad program are you using ?

Depending on how your mind works - openscad might be worth a try.
    It's all I use, but while my mind works in 3d I lack the bit of brain that translates that 3d into 2d for manual drawing. So traditional cad just doesn't work for me.

Openscad is brilliant as I just tell it what i want and it draws it for you. Once you learn to break the world down into basic shapes, you'd be amazed what you can design.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yeah sometimes sticking eith what works - even if it's a bit less easy to use - is the best choice.

what cad program are you using ?

Depending on how your mind works - openscad might be worth a try.
    It's all I use, but while my mind works in 3d I lack the bit of brain that translates that 3d into 2d for manual drawing. So traditional cad just doesn't work for me.

Openscad is brilliant as I just tell it what i want and it draws it for you. Once you learn to break the world down into basic shapes, you'd be amazed what you can design.

Hi, I'll give it a try thanks. I am currently using Fusion 360 and FreeCAD, but I'm getting some good results with Fusion 360, and it is much easier to add threads with it, so leaning towards that. I'll definitely give Openscad a try though, as I like the idea of easy :-)
    Thanks for that.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    yeah sometimes sticking eith what works - even if it's a bit less easy to use - is the best choice. what cad program are you using ?Depending on how your mind works - openscad might be worth a try. It's all I use, but while my mind works in 3d I lack the bit of brain that translates that 3d into 2d for manual drawing. So traditional cad just doesn't work for me.Openscad is brilliant as I just tell it what i want and it draws it for you. Once you learn to break the world down into basic shapes, you'd be amazed what you can design.
    Tried Openscad! Woosh! way over my head :-) Think I'll have to watch some videos first :-)