Close

Octoprint Question

A while back I hooked one of my printers to a Raspberry Pi and began using Octoprint. What a great way to control your printer. Now I want to have all my printers controlled by Octoprint but I am wondering what is the best way to go about this? Should I run multiple instances of Octoprint on one Pi or would it be better to have a Pi for each printer? Or does it make a difference one way or the other?Anyone that has experience with this I would really appreciate your input. Thanks in advance.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    A raspberry 3 can run one 3D Printer using Octoprint trying to operate two would most likely be too much for a single Raspberry Pi 3.

Run a single raspberry Pi 2 with Octoprint an install the Plugin Octolapse the print quality drop enough too show a fuzzy texture on models.
    Attached is a photo of one model printed with Octolapse an the other with SD card without telling you which is which look an see.

SD vs OctoLapse 1.jpg

So my suggestion is each 3D Printer gets a Raspberry Pi 3 or better.
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 12-30-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Thanks Roberts_Clif. That's the way I'll go.

After Returning to the OctoPrint web site and reading found this updated Download information Octop1 0.17.0

Recommended hardware: Raspberry Pi 3B, 3B+ or 4B. Expect print artifacts and long loading times with other options, especially when adding a webcam or installing third party plugins. Setups not using recommended hardware are not officially supported.
    Although below it states

Image compatible with Raspberry Pi A, B, A+, B+, 2B, 3A+, 3B, 3B+, 4B 1/2/4GB, Zero and Zero W.
    Do not believe I would ever purchase any pi for Octo Pi below a Pi 3B+

Thanks for the help. I have some Pi 4B's coming from Amazon.

Am talking to Adafruit as have a bad Raspberry Pi 3B hoping to get warranty on, then I will be purchasing a pair of raspberry Pi 4 2GB's