Close

Tronxy X5SA-500-2E

Hi, does anyone own this printer? Tronxy X5SA-500-2EI just built it and had issues with the firmware so I downloaded and install from Tronxy website and now one of my Z motors isn't responding so I probably got the wrong firmware.I'm trying now to install back the original firmware that was installed when I got the printer but can't get it from Tronxy website as my motherboard isn't listed. Mine seems to be newer than what they have available for download.If anyone can help me get it, it would be very much appreciated. My motherboard is CXY-V9-200415. Maybe someone in this forum has a similar setup and could give me a hand in getting back the right firmware for it.Thank you!!

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Hello. I have a TronXY X5SA 500 PRO myself. From all that I can understand the tronxy firmware itself is very problematic and most are either running marlin on the tronxy controller or they are dumping the tronxy electronics altogether and getting a mainboard, lcd, and drivers from 3D Printing and the Fourth Industrial Revolution – Biqu Equipment . I am going the second route and a little beyond and the building of my X5SA 500 PRO can be seen here: My First CoreXY (3dprintboard.com) . I am big on joining facebook groups for the specific printers I own. It is an important support system to have in place and the name of the facebook group for you to join is "Tronxy & Turnigy X5S, X5SA ,X3S 3D Printer Drucker Users". If you goto facebook and search for that private group and join it you will be in touch with 6,700 other TronXY owners.

Thank you for the tip. very much appreciate it.
    I'll do just that and join the FB group you mentioned.
    I read the same about switching to Marlin but from what I read the dual color extruder isn't supported so I'm not sure how I would make that work.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by pat3D View Post
    I read the same about switching to Marlin but from what I read the dual color extruder isn't supported.
    I am having a hard time wrapping my brain around that statement. And I think anybody with a logical mind could only see the problem with that idea. I mean are we now postulating that TronXY this cheap Chinese company has made a 1 off mainboard and firmware only for their 2 filament model? I know a different reality. You need to put the marlin on your TronXY and then setup and use Prusa Slicer for your multi color prints.

Hello. I have a TronXY X5SA 500 PRO myself. From all that I can understand the tronxy firmware itself is very problematic and most are either running marlin on the tronxy controller or they are dumping the tronxy electronics altogether and getting a mainboard, lcd, and drivers from 3D Printing and the Fourth Industrial Revolution – Biqu Equipment adn https://justdomyhomework.com/. I am going the second route and a little beyond and the building of my X5SA 500 PRO can be seen here: My First CoreXY (3dprintboard.com) . I am big on joining facebook groups for the specific printers I own. It is an important support system to have in place and the name of the facebook group for you to join is "Tronxy & Turnigy X5S, X5SA ,X3S 3D Printer Drucker Users". If you goto facebook and search for that private group and join it you will be in touch with 6,700 other TronXY owners.
    thank you for the tips
    after the last update mine stop function properly too
    Last edited by caren22; 01-08-2021 at 04:44 PM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well given how easy it is in china to get a mainboard made for you - it's not unreasonable to think that tronxy have done just that and wreitten their own firmware.

machine's new to me I'll go look at one :-)

Okay so it's 500 sa with a 2-in-1 out extruder setup.

Honestly, unless it's done right (and while I know the right way to do it, I've never seen a mix nozzle that does it properly) a dual mix nozzle is probably the worst way to iimplement dual extrusion.

The reason being that how do you clean the nozzle chamber out between changing filaments ?
    It also means that you can't mix filaments with different extrusion temperatures.
    And unless there is an actual mechanical valve that shuts off the filament not being used, there's no way to avoid bleeding between the two colours.

BUT (lol) it's a pretty common setup, so as long as your firmware supports both core-xy and dual mixing nozzle - absolutely no reason you need to stick to the tronxy firmware.

Also interested to know how effective tronxy's 2-1 setup is.

Please keep us posted on your progress - I'm more than willing to be proved wrong on this setup :-)