Hello!

I have had my 3d printer ( type in the title) for about a year now with few issues. but all of a sudden I started having the issue of it ocasionally not realizing it was hitting the limit switch on the X axis and ramming into the limit switch until I switched the machine off.

The test I did a few days ago was to hold the switch down myself while turning the dial to move along the X axis and it stopped when I hit the switch and moved if I did not hold the switch just like it should. But it crashed on me again today so I tried the same test but this time it did not stop when I help the switch so I figured the switch had to be the problem.

So I took out the switch but I figured I might as well test the switch to confirm that that was the issue but when I tested it with a multi meter (making sure the resistance did not change when pressing the switch) I found the switch was working just fine. The switch is normally closed so if the switch is gone the printer should think it is always pressing the switch and not move. But when I tried moving the X axis with the switch completely removed the motor still moved.

So at this point I think the issue is not the switch but that there is a short circuit somewhere that makes the printer thinK the switch is always closed, either somewhere on the motherboard or somewhere along the wires. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Any advice on anything else I should check or just where I should be checking before tearing it apart would be appreciated.