Once again, another update. Shortly after my last note, I discovered that I needed to have some "minor" surgery that has kept me on the sidelines for a few weeks. Still can't do any heavy lifting, which makes wrestling with the printer something that's on hold for a little bit yet.

Well, TwoTrees finally decided to send me replacement parts, and 2 months after they first said they would send something I finally got a little package in the mail. Turns out they sent me just the thyristor, and I suppose I'm supposed to do the surgery to put it into the extruder. That's fine and all, but given that this was a brand new unit that didn't work out of the box, you'd think that they would have made it a bit easier. I've had the unit for almost 4 months now, and still can't print anything. So, here's my general assessment so far.

The unit itself seems very solid and sturdy. I overall like the build.
Assembly instructions are kind of sketchy.
Operating instructions are non-existent. No explanations of all the parameters available, etc., or even, "here's how to print your first item".
Tech support guys are very helpful, although you do need to be very clear because of the language barrier. We ended up sending pictures back and forth.
Customer support seems reluctant to help. It took 2 months to get parts, and they sent the bare minimum. This for a brand new unit that isn't working.

And the adventure continues. I think that me and my voltmeter can get this thing working eventually. Of course, we might be doing 4-dimensional printing by then. :-)