Close

Zcorp ZPrinter 450 Binder. NEED HELP!!!

Hi All,

I am a student/researcher at a University in Texas. We currently have three 3D printers and our only color printer (ZPrinter 450) has been giving us a lot of trouble. The main issue at this point is we are currently out of binder (zb-59), which has been discontinued. We are trying to find any distributer that has zb-59 in stock, but have had no luck.

My question is can we buy the new binder (zb-63) and keep the old powder (zp-130) without greatly compromising the final product? Can and where could we find zb-59? Are there any substitute binders that are compatible with the zp-130 powder?

So far every distributer wants us to switch to the zb-63(binder) and zp-151(powder). This seems like a poor investment seeing how we have over 20 Kilograms of zp-130 powder and just need one or two cartridges of zb-59 binder.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!!

Thanks,
    David

Staff Engineer
    Since you've got all that powder, it seems that it would be worth trying it with the binder you can currently get. The worst it could do would be to make a model that totally disintegrated, contaminating your powder. But if the powder's no good to you anyhow, that's no great loss. Give it a shot (maybe with a minimum amount of powder) and let us know how it went, okay?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

I am comparing the MSDS of the zb 59 and zb 63 right now. Also am looking at generic binders MSDS to see if there is a great variation. Will post what I find.

Technologist
    You can use zb63 with zp130 it will still work without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by cokreeate View Post
    You can use zb63 with zp130 it will still work without any issues.
    Have you tried this yourself? It seems that 3D systems are a bit more secretive than ZCorp was about their composition of the binders.
    Also, are there new post-processing techniques used with the new binder?
    Thank you for the post.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by db1396 View Post
    Have you tried this yourself? It seems that 3D systems are a bit more secretive than ZCorp was about their composition of the binders.
    Also, are there new post-processing techniques used with the new binder?
    Thank you for the post.
    Yes we have tried this and works just fine.