Close

Flashforge Inventor 2 - Plastic stops extruding mid print

About 15 minutes into a print the plastic stops coming out of the extruder but the motors keep moving it as if it is still printing. I then pull the plastic out, check for clogs (of which I don't find any) then reload the plastic. It will again start printing but will stop after about 15 minutes. It used to print for hours without any problem. I tried replacing the nozzle in case it was clogged with particles and burned material but it is still having that problem.Printer: Flashforge Inventor 2Plastic: PLAThank you.

You are saying that the "motors" are still working. Is that also for the filament feeder motor? Does the filament feeder motor try to feed filament or does the motor actually stops doing that?

The filament motor is not moving to push the filament out. I can't tell if that's because of resistance from a clog or because the motor just stopped. When I start a new print the motor does move.

Ok I see, did you try just one model or does this happen to all models? If its just that model, it sounds to me like you have a problems in the actual instructions in that model that is sent to the printer. If it prints ok every time for 15 minutes then it should not be a clog.

Do you print it from a slicer of raw from download? And what are you printing with? PLA or ABS or?

I use PLA. I sliced the files with Flashprint. It happens on different models that I have printed successfully from it in the past.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    I would think that you could have burnt PTFE tubing inside the hot-end if it is like the attached video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyEpvwhDKis

I agree with Roberts in this case. If it worked before and now failing on all models, you need to disassemble the extruder and take a look inside, its easy.
    1.) Check the feeder wheel so its clean.
    2.) Inspect the silicon pipe so its not damaged.
    3.) Replace the nozzle.

If that doesn't work then its the step motor that gives up after a while of printing.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Well there could be another problem, it could be that the Drivers or Stepper motor are being over-driven an shutting down because of heat.

Though we try to go at trouble shooting in a step by step procedure.
    Sometimes giving someone every step of troubleshooting all at once can be overwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Well there could be another problem, it could be that the Drivers or Stepper motor are being over-driven an shutting down because of heat.

Though we try to go at trouble shooting in a step by step procedure.
    Sometimes giving someone every step of troubleshooting all at once can be overwhelming.

Im having identical issues. i replaced the Bowdon tube, replaced the nozzle and it was clear when I started this last print effort. I used the cleaning filament to check for any issues within the system. I loaded the filament with no issue. when the print started, it printed maybe two layers then stopped.

Im about to chuck this thing out the window. I'm so disappointed.