Close

3D printed music icons

Hi everybody.I recently bought a 3D printer, my main job is to print music related products. One client asked me to print a music logo so that they could do the avatar. I'm not a music lover, so can someone give me a hint about this. Their company works on the theme of so they wanted me to print out a logo that makes sense. This is quite difficult for people like me.
    Last edited by Bikeracer2020; 07-28-2022 at 11:13 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Your request is a bit ambiguous and needs much more detail. On a positive note, pun intended, it's an easy task to create an embossed 3D print using just about any modeling software along with a vector editor. Do you have preferences for any specific vector editor? Inkscape is free, multi-platform and has a few extensions of value for 3D printing. Adobe Illustrator is not free and can do the same, more or less.

For your 3D modeling, same question: do you have a preferred program?

Starting at the simplest level, Tinkercad is a web-based free program that will import an SVG file and extrude it to generate STL files to be printed. Think of a cookie cutter that starts as a drawing and has thicker lines than the cutting edges of a cookie cutter.

Other programs can do similar tasks. Fusion 360 (free for hobbyists) is substantially more complex, as is OnShape, while OpenSCAD (free, multi-platform) is capable and is a text-based modeling description language that can provide similar extrusion capabilities.

Reply with more info regarding your software choices and a hint or two regarding "the avatar" and we'll see where it goes.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah - 'cos basically the avatar would be better created with the actual 3d model - NOT with a part printed from the model. That's kind of ass backwards.

I think you can start by studying some music logos on the internet, which will give you an idea.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so basically a logo to represent free ringtones.

Yeah, not difficult - but I don't work for free :-)

3D printing is moving far beyond the field of manufacturing. It has entered into music industry too. Invented by a music composer, these models are made by 3D printers and are selling well among music enthusiasts. These prints look like miniature replicas of the music icons and are available for different music legends. In fact, stickers of these models are becoming popular among music lovers.