Close

What part on the Ender 3 v2 is this and can I just get it as a replacement?

Hi.

New to 3D printing in general so be kind. :)

I have my first printer, which as you can tell from the title is a Ender 3 v2. I have already done a lot of learning (aka breaking) while using it and had to already replace the hotend once. (If you really want to know, I didn't heat the end up enough and snapped it off like a twig, with the threading still inside the heat block. :/ )

My latest problem is in an attempt to find out why my filament wasn't flowing right, I tried taking out the tube... and ripped out the toothy metal wring that is inside the nut near the top of the heat block (picks attached). What I want to know, is the name of that bolt and if getting a replacement is easy or do I have to buy ANOTHER hot end?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    the part you show in the pictures is the heatbreak - should have a fan on it.
    It's to stop the heat from the ot end creeping up the assembly and melting the filament before it enters the hotend.

Heatblocks are cheap and easy to get.

And yep you're not alone in snapping a nozzle in a heatblock :-)
    You really DO need to heat it firat lol

Ok good to know. The part that specifically broke was the nut on top of it. It had a little metal ring in it, with teeth that grabbed the tube. That got pulled out. Does it have a name?

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    the part you show in the pictures is the heatbreak - should have a fan on it.
    It's to stop the heat from the ot end creeping up the assembly and melting the filament before it enters the hotend.

Heatblocks are cheap and easy to get.

And yep you're not alone in snapping a nozzle in a heatblock :-)
    You really DO need to heat it firat lol

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yeah it's the bowden tube holder.
    these things: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huayue-Pneu...999681&sr=8-12

Can you still unscrew it and completely remove it ?
    Basically a cheap and simple swap out.

Some 3d printers do come with dirt cheap fittings that break really easy.

All the replacemnts I have are pretty decent quality - in other words the printer manufacturers get the cheap and nasty ones made to order.
    The off the shelf versions tend to be a lot better quality.

I ended up with a bunch because I wanted a single replacement heat block. Turned out to be cheaper to buy 5 heatblocks complate with 10 nozzles and all the tube fittings.
    Sometimes the chinese just do not mnake any sense to me
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 12-03-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks for the help. I have a similar listing on it's way to my door. Hopefully I can my printer back up and running soon.