Close

Cool Creality started crowdfunding on Kickstarter for Naomi's Infinite-Z Belt Printer

Just saw it on Kickstarter that Creality's Infinite-Z 3D printer which created by Naomi is currently on crowdfunding stage. The page Come with some feature explanation and several youtube review videos. Watched a few of them and the machine looks legit tho. Link is here:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...er-3dprintmill

Basically, the idea of infinite-Z is the printer has no limit for the model length, like the 1.2m sword and 1.5m guitar. The rolling conveyor belt is easy to make batch production. The printed model will eventually roll off the belt. Users can leave the printer unattended until it finishes printing. All the prints can be retrieved from the collection area at the end. I think I read that kinda of concept a few years ago and now somebody finally made it real lol.
    CR-30.jpg
    Other features they mentioned are a 32-bit motherboard, a Filament runout sensor, Resume printing function, Branded 350W power supply, Core-XY structure, Triple fans to cool down, Manual leveling. Seems like most of them already got equipped on other standard Ender or CR series machines.

I have not decided to go for it yet but seems like Creality already got a bunch of supporters. 3DPrintMill(CR-30) is available for order from Nov 19th to Dec 19th on Kickstarter, delivery in March 2021. On the kick-starter page, the reg price of it was set for $999 but the early bird price is $588, and Flash Sale Price at $538. Lovely price but I think I would still look into that 45° angled hotend....Anyone think it's really better than regular angled hotend?

Tòa nh?* IndoChina (Khu B T?ng 12) - S? 4, Nguy?n ?ình Chi?u, Ph??ng ?akao, Qu??*n 1
    Follow bangheanphugia On Twitter Add bangheanphugia on Facebook
    Look so cool but don't really know if it work well

No doubt something innovative and affordable to the masses happening in 3D printing.
    Andrew Sink wrote a quick look at the 3DPrintMill.

Actually there are 2 similar 3D printers on the Kickstarter right now. Creality's and iFactory's. This livestream by 3D Printing Nerd is very good.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's probably the best engineered machine creality have made.
    The really interesting thing is that they're using a corexy setup.
    But as far as I can see STILL using a bowden extruder. Just so not necessary.

But that little gripe aside it does look like a really solid bit of engineering.

I'm a fan of naomi's - and not for the two obvious reasons - to be honest I reckon the last implants were too much.

She works hard and puts out some interesting videos.

The only caveat is that they are using an 'off the shelf' standard conveyoir belt, originally intended for the short weighing stations you have in most factory prodution lines. This does give a zigzag pattern where the belts are stitched together.

The higher end belt printers all use custom bonded belts, but then they are a LOT more expensive, so you pays your money and makes your choice.

If you've got the money - it would be a good machine to get.
    And one thing you can say about creality is that it's a kickstarter that will actully happen.