Hi there! For my final year major project (dissertation) at university, I am researching into the current state of sustainability and its education within the 3D printing industry. I am particularly searching for participants that are either design students at university over the age of 18, or beginner hobbyists who own or have access to 3D printers commercially and/or domestically - i.e. via maker spaces and/or fab labs or 3D printing labs within universities. However, all levels of expertise are welcome to take this survey as it also asks your opinion on current 3D printer extruders. I am investigating the current level of 3D printed waste output at 3D printing labs; what recycling systems are currently used; and the efficiency of the system and its environmental effect. I also want to explore whether students are taught about the waste accumulated by 3D printing by their educational institution or through independent studies. I also intend to find out interest in a recycling system or product that educated them about the plastics used and their recycling process. Additionally, I wish to investigate the strengths and weaknesses of current services and devices that recycle your 3D printed waste; what improvements you might look for in current devices; and why these current devices might not be accessible to you for purchase. This research will assist my design direction and concept generation for devices that recycle 3D printed waste and how to better educate beginners, students, and everyday makers. Please feel free to pass this on to anyone you know that you believe might be interested in contributing. The title of the study is ‘a desktop closed-loop recycling device for 3D printed waste, in collaboration with Batch.works’ This user research is conducted for use within the Design Department at Brunel University London. By participating, your contributions in providing data may be used in academic studies. All data that is submitted is confidential and will be destroyed once the project has been concluded. Participation in this interview is entirely optional. If you are 18 or older, please follow this link to read the participant information sheet: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing Then follow this link to the online questionnaire; it shouldn’t take any longer than 15 minutes. https://forms.gle/kS3D87RAB5mgALkFA Thank you! If you have any further questions about the study, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Ariane McCormack Jones 1708941@brunel.ac.uk Undergraduate Industrial Design and Technology Brunel University London