Ladies and Gents,

i hbve come to wits end with my elegoo mars pro prints no longer sticking to build plate but instead remaining as a blob on the FEP.

i had consistenly good prints for around 6 months, even following 3 FEP sheet replacements and several differnent types of resin. but no, every single print i try stays stuck to the FEP

i have gone through the bed leveling, with varying levels of paper drag resistance - following the to letter the directions from elegoo.
i have tried leaving bed at its lowest point during leveling, then increasing the z=0 by 0.1mm at a time and test printing (going up as high as 0.9mm) - again prints never stick
i tried replacing the build bed as mine was worn, so figred that may cause adhesion problems, but a brand new build bed hasnt worked either.
i thought that perhaps my FEP was too tight, so i have slackened that off as much as id dare whilst keeping it drum taught.
i have my retraction distance set to 8mm, and lift speed set to 100
my bottom layer exposure time is set to 80 seconds
im using elegoo black resin

i just dongt know what to try next.

according to the elegoo instuctions the home z value is the height above home that the printer will print layer 1. with this in mind, my LCD screen is recessed by 0.75mm, meaning that when i level the bed with paper, the paper is pressed into the screen and an emboss is created between the depth of the screen and the surrounding surface of the printer (the LCD is an official elegoo screen fitted as a replacement following a resin spill - it has had many sucessful prints). When i home the printer with no resin in, the build plate enters the vat and can be seen to physically push down the FEP sheet. If my understanding is correct the LCD screen should sit flush against the FEP, not 0.75mm below it. So to get a 0.05mm gap between the FEP and the build plate (to allow forentry of resin for exposure for layer 1) I tried setting the z=0.9mm (allowing 0.75mm for the depth of the LCD + 0.1mm for the thickness of the FEP and 0.05mm for the first layer height).

i tried a test print, and for the first 6 layers, i was hearing a promising click sound as the bed lifted between layers - but on completion i discover that once again my print is stuck to the fep. i can only assume that the clicking im hearing is the FEP sheet and the LCD screen touching and separating rather then the build plate and the FEP sheet sperating.

i have tested the UV LED/LCD and itrs all exposing as expected....

can anyone please offer any more suggestions?

does anyone else have a LCD screen thats reccessed by 0.75mm? is this the issue?

i have attached an image to show the recessed depth of my LCD screen, and how the paper lifts at the edges as it is embossed into the screen on levelling

thanks in advance

Dave

recessed_1.jpgrecessed_2.jpgpaper.jpg