Close

Threaded View

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    This has happened from the start, having to decide whether to print the surface layers first or second, how many Perimeters are needed.
    Then my computer crashed my configurations needed restored from the beginning, have a backup though forget to update on occasion.
    Noted your printed model had artifacting in exactly the same locations, its OK.

Most have a 2 layer surface some have 3 layers as I find it gives a better surface texture this is inclusive of the posted cubes.
    The best model was transparent had 3 layers and took 2 hours and 28 minutes, just wanted so bad to get the time down.
    You can see the time was estimated to 1 hour 43 minutes though never liked the print at that speed and it also needed a 3rd layer.

So my fastest print was 2 hours 28 minutes printing at a volumetric speed approaching 9.0mm^3 per second
    Though with the 3rd layer, the artifacting still occurs on models. No mater what order the Perimeter is printed, could be the Controller.
    I printed the Burly below using a Raspberry Pi 3 > Octoprint with Octolapse plugin you will note that the texture on the left vs the Right.
    The left was print from Octolapse and right was printed from SD card.
    I have always though that this was caused from the controller baud rate of 115200, though never tried to up the baud rate to 250000.
    Simply stated the Camera on the Raspberry Pi took up all the time causing the print quality to decrease.

Though it has rough edges the part still working in my MPCNC it took 6 hours to Print this in ABS an it functions does it matter to me. No.
    Now If Printing model that needed better quality, one for purchase would use fastest print possible with the best quality and material...

SD vs OctoLapse 1.jpg
    Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 11-27-2020 at 07:34 AM.