Close

Thread: Helpppp

Helpppp

Does anyone know why my prints are coming out rough now, even the rafts, using up mini and priniting on 0.20mm

I have pictures but dunno how to add them on here

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Pictures would be helpful when you figure that out.

How can I upload pictures of have you got a email can send them to?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshy147 View Post
    How can I upload pictures of have you got a email can send them to?
    Do a reply and 'Go Advanced'

photoq.jpgimage.jpgThey come out like this now! looks awful, i mean look at the raft as well helpppppp

Looks like you're under-extruding.

Has this just started, or has it always printed like this?
    Have you run through the calibration process on reprap.org?
    Have you checked your filament width settings?
    Do you hear a clicking sound when extruding? This might mean your extruder is skipping and you might need to up the tension.
    Have you cleared the nozzle recently? If you don't use a dust filter, you might have a partial clog. To clear, heat the nozzle to 230, let it setlle, then set to just above the glass transition temperature of the filament you're using (about 70-80 for PLA, google for ABS) then retract the filament. If you see a straw at the end of the filament, you've got the temperature right. Rinse and repeat a couple of times.
    If this has been happening since you built the printer, have you checked the reference voltage on the stepper driver? If it's too low, the stepper might be skipping steps and under-extruding.

Just started doing it, just got it back as had clunking noise, so send it back and they cleared the nozzle! But it's never done this! I'm using abs 1.75