Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Ah the sound of a dial up modem trying to connect to a bulletin board.
    Nostalgia - and I really do not miss it lol
    I ran the Hartland Pride BBS (Wildcat under OS/2) for 14 years. The Inet became available and my calls on the 3 line system went to 1 or 2 a day.
    Time to close it.

You can try Lotmaxx sc-10 shark.

The Lotmaxx SC-10 Shark is an incredibly well-built and reliable printer out of the box, which makes it perfect for beginners. With easy to use features like a flexible heated build plate and handheld touchscreen, in my experience, there were zero tweaks required to get amazing prints. That's an incredible achievement for any printer, let alone one at this price point. I've tried a lot of 3D printers over the years, and almost none of them have "just worked". Full marks for the core package.

The Lotmaxx SC-10 Shark doesn't compromise on build quality, yet it's also easy to use, works out of the box for reliable prints, and is very reasonably priced. It even has a selection of upgrades available, able to turn it into a dual-color extruder, or even a laser engraver.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    BIQU B1 3D Printer TFT35 V3.0 Touch Screen SKR V1.4 32 Bit Dual Operat – Biqu Equipment is a great printer to start with. It comes with all the good electronics. color dual mode touchscreen, 32 bit controller, silent drivers, and a simple aluminum extrusion frame. Upgrades for this machine would be linear rails n guides to replace the rubber v-wheels and a second Z stepper motor. It also appears it would be rather easy to stretch any of the axes.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well the Lotmaxx sc-10 shark - looks like an ender 3 clone and is a kickstarter project - so not available to actually purchase and own yet.

On principle and experience I'd advise against most kickstarter projects.
    They often take a long long time to arrive, if they arrive at all.

bear in mind that a kickstarter 'purchase' is NOT a purchase at all.
    You are giving the company money with no actual guarentee of any good in return. It's almost a charitable donation.

Yes I have 'bought' a kickstarter printer that never arrived - and I'd actually waited until the campaign was finished and the machines had started to ship.

But it's mainly because it's not an actual buyer-seller transaction. You are simply gicving money to someone with no legal guarentee that you will ever get anything in return.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by claudiaok1997 View Post
    I always recommend speaking with a reputable dealer that sells multiple brands of 3D printers over asking for recommendations on a forum. They can give you the good, the bad, and the ugly of different printers and brands and help you choose one that will suit your needs. A good retailer is also a great resource while you are learning as well.
    Wait. Did you just imply there are 3d printer brick and mortar stores where all these makes of printers sit on shelves to be sold? Buddy, that simply is not how this industry works. And brick and mortar stores are going away as a whole anyway. Even the online stores that sell multiple brands of 3d printers do not carry inventory nor have shelves of these different printers on display like some sort of tv display at wall mart. That is not even plausible for these printers that are so cheap and all come completely unassembled. They use drop shipping and never see the box of the things they sell. And so even the 'stores' of which you speak will refer to reviews and forums for their own information on which printer is better. At best they could tell you which sells better from first hand experience but that only implies which is the cheaper to buy. Unfortunately that is the sad reality in todays world. But you know, don't get me wrong, I popped a little woody for a minute when I thought about a store we could walk into and see all of the printers of the day built and working for comparison. But then it fell flaccid and I began to chuckle.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well the Lotmaxx sc-10 shark - looks like an ender 3 clone and is a kickstarter project - so not available to actually purchase and own yet. On principle and experience I'd advise against most kickstarter projects. They often take a long long time to arrive, if they arrive at all. bear in mind that a kickstarter 'purchase' is NOT a purchase at all. You are giving the company money with no actual guarentee of any good in return. It's almost a charitable donation. Yes I have 'bought' a kickstarter printer that never arrived - and I'd actually waited until the campaign was finished and the machines had started to ship. But it's mainly because it's not an actual buyer-seller transaction. You are simply gicving money to someone with no legal guarentee that you will ever get anything in return.
    I am taken by the price tag to build envelope ratio. 2 filament printing is cool. Today 3 or more is better. A laser engraver is cool. And as much as they are to buy and add onto any other printer there is just no justification for $439 for 235x235x265. It is just absurd in todays world. Almost as absurd as leaving the weight of a laser engraver on the gantry while you are just 3d printing or leaving the weight of the dual extruder hotend on the gantry while you are laser engraving. And if anybody ever wondered no you do not laser engrave printed plastic. Nor do you print plastic over what you etch with a laser. But the cool and unrelated add on accessories has given me a million dollar idea. A cartesian 3d printer with a fleshlight attached to the heated bed so as the bed warms it warms and as the Y slides back and forth you get happy no matter what the printer does. And I bet I could get $439 for making even the worst failed print a good experience.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 01-10-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Staff Engineer
    The phrasing and lack of presence on the forum leads me to believe this is a bot generated response. It's barely on topic, although better than some posts I've seen. The post count says 2, but I can't find the "other" one, which may have been another bot post.

I agree with you; the concept is unrealistic. Even though Home Depot sells Dremel 3D printers, it's unlikely there's available a qualified associate to explain or caution a prospective purchaser.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    Wait. Did you just imply there are 3d printer brick and mortar stores where all these makes of printers sit on shelves to be sold? Buddy, that simply is not how this industry works. And brick and mortar stores are going away as a whole anyway. Even the online stores that sell multiple brands of 3d printers do not carry inventory nor have shelves of these different printers on display like some sort of tv display at wall mart. That is not even plausible for these printers that are so cheap and all come completely unassembled. They use drop shipping and never see the box of the things they sell. And so even the 'stores' of which you speak will refer to reviews and forums for their own information on which printer is better. At best they could tell you which sells better from first hand experience but that only implies which is the cheaper to buy. Unfortunately that is the sad reality in todays world. But you know, don't get me wrong, I popped a little woody for a minute when I thought about a store we could walk into and see all of the printers of the day built and working for comparison. But then it fell flaccid and I began to chuckle.

That's ridiculous,please send your name and shippping address to support@lotmaxx.com to check. All the supporters’ machines have been sent out.

Yes,laser engraving can be used on plastic.but need to adjust the laster power.the laser engraving usually used on wood and leather.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I said Printed plastic and no you wouldn't laser engrave a printed part unless you just hit your head or were otherwise having problems with your ability to think logically. I mean you would design your part to print the way you wanted it in the first place. Multi purpose is cool but it is better with a changeable toolhead so you aren't slinging around all that weight. The way that machine is configured it isn't the best of both worlds but rather it is more like a jack of all trades that is a master of none. If it were setup so that the hotend were removed for laser engraving and vice versa then the X carriage can be A LOT smaller and you can have a bigger build envelope with the same footprint or external dimensions of your rig. I mean having the 2 fixed together is cool only if they can work together on the same project but two completely separate things that together hurt each other's individual performance hard linked like that is just inefficient at it's absolute best. I mean from an engineering point of view.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 01-10-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123