Close

Unhappy Strange gaps/cheese-like holes? And rough "band" in prints...?

Honestly, I'm not really sure where to start with this one... While all these issues might have the same root cause, I'm honestly not certain.. I'll break it down by "symptom" I suppose. I'm also attaching as picture to show what I'm experiencing. I'm trying to print a 30-piece Christmas present for my brother, so I still have time lol...

First, I'm getting strange these strange holes in my prints lately... They almost always occur at horizontal "flat" surfaces, and it makes me want to bump up the infill to some horribly inappropriate number. I've tried adjusting the extruder and bed (hey, I was trying everything) temps, retraction settings, coast settings, shell thickness/layers, and more. It always happens to some degree, and isn't consistent even when I reprint the exact same gcode.

Additionally, I'm getting these weird band-like layers that make my final prints look awful... MOST of a print will look great, but suddenly I'll have maybe 7-10 layers that look incredibly rough on the outside.

Since I can't post the actual profile I'm using in Cura 4.7.0, here's s a paste of the important parts instead:

name = Tecbears_PLA+
    adaptive_layer_height_enabled = True
    adhesion_type = brim
    layer_height = 0.06
    material_bed_temperature = 60
    print_sequence = one_at_a_time
    speed_slowdown_layers = 3
    support_enable = True
    support_structure = normal
    support_type = buildplate
    brim_width = 5
    coasting_enable = True
    infill_enable_travel_optimization = True
    infill_pattern = cubic
    infill_sparse_density = 20
    material_final_print_temperature = 210
    material_initial_print_temperature = 210
    material_print_temperature = 210
    retraction_amount = 7
    retraction_extra_prime_amount = 0.02
    retraction_min_travel = 5
    retraction_speed = 70
    skirt_brim_speed = =speed_layer_0
    speed_layer_0 = 50.0
    speed_print = 50
    speed_travel = 100
    support_line_distance = 1.0
    support_pattern = lines
    z_seam_corner = z_seam_corner_weighted
    z_seam_type = random
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LudivousKain; 11-04-2020 at 08:03 PM. Reason: The forum squished all text onto a single line...

Sorry for the double post... Overnight I tried again, but changed the infill pattern and a few other things. I woke up with the same issues, unfortunately. This time however, I kept Cura open and compared the print with the preview. While the holes don't show, the rough bands certainly do!

Keeping the same orientation, I reverted to a "default" profile for "ultra-fine - 0.06mm," changed a few settings back to more comfortable levels (set 40% infill since a couple guides mentioned low infill causing gaps in horizontal surfaces, 7mm retraction, and 70mm/s retraction speeds). This time, the previews don't have the rough bands.

I'm going to try printing again and I'll update this post with the pics in the morning.