Close

Angry Is my Ender 3 v2 dead?

It sure acts like it is...I turn it on and all I get is a blank screen and a continuous long high pitched beeping..Rather frustrating as I JUST used the printer last night! Extremely frustrating! Printer is not even that old! WTH?!?!?!?

I have tried different combinations, SD card in it, no SD card in it, hold down menu knob while turning it on, unplug cord flip switch to on then plug in cord..All get me the same result of the long high pitched beeping

What to do about this?

open it up and make sure all your connections are secure on both ends. Don't forget the one for the screen. I had the same happen when installing bltouch on my old ender 3 pro but it was corrected once all cables were secure and correct firmware installed.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    there is also a reset button on the board itself - try pressing that a couple of times. Also one on the back of the screen - press that too.
    And the 'remove and reseat cables' is always worth a try

The beeping is interesting - on computer motherboards there are a series of 'beep codes' that give a vague indication of any problems if the boar can't boot up.

Never heard of such a list of codes for 3d printer boards - but a continous beep is usually a memory issue - ob PC boards.
    probably no correlation with a 3d printer board.

try the reset and cables. If still no joy, contact the people you bought the printer from.
    And i wish you all the luck in the world with that :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherjon View Post
    It sure acts like it is...I turn it on and all I get is a blank screen and a continuous long high pitched beeping..Rather frustrating as I JUST used the printer last night! Extremely frustrating! Printer is not even that old! WTH?!?!?!?

I have tried different combinations, SD card in it, no SD card in it, hold down menu knob while turning it on, unplug cord flip switch to on then plug in cord..All get me the same result of the long high pitched beeping

What to do about this?

Im having the exact same problem after i replaced the board from a 4.2.2 to a 4.2.7 .

Did you solve your problem?

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Big Tree Tech has a mainboard specifically for the Ender 3 that is based off the SKR 1.4 Turbo. This board has built in tmc2209 drivers and uses the same lpc1769 running at 120mhz as the skr 1.4 turbo. This board running marlin 2.0.7.2 will do any ender 3 some serious justice. Take a look: BIGTREETECH SKR E3 Turbo 32 Bit Control Board Integrated TMC2209 UART – Biqu Equipment . There is also a smaller version of this board that is specific to your ender 3 that is a 'mini' size. It is using an stm32 chip and I am not so sure of its specs but this is made to fit in an even more compact space: BIGTREETECH SKR MINI E3 V2.0 32 Bit Control Board Integrated TMC2209 U – Biqu Equipment . That last one has a few less connectors and a few less features for its smaller size and the price generally dictates the better product.

I'm having same beeping issue on power up. I completed a long print over night, and turned printer off in the morning. Later that afternoon I turned the printer on and it started beeping. I've checked all the cables to no avail. Screen is black and beeping is non-stop. I've disconnected bltouch to see if that helps. It didn't. @curious aardvark mentioned that there is a reset button on the board. I have the 4.2.2 board and I don't see anything. Can someone point me to where/how to reset (I know how to flash eprom).

I got my issue working. I downloaded a new firmware from https://marlin.crc.id.au/ and the printer was able to re-flash the eprom. After this, it started working again. Not sure how the eprom got corrupt, but for now it is working. We'll see if it keeps working or if there is a thermal issue after longer prints.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Thought I had killed a controller because I flashed it incorrectly, though keep trying and finally brought it back to life.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yep firmware is always worth a try.

One thing o bear in mind - and this is a general thing for ALL electronic devices.
    A gadget/computer/motherboard etc will mainly 'die' when it is switched on.
    That is because that is when the initial power surge tests the viability of the electronic components.

So it is perfectly normal for something to be working properly, get turned off and then die the next time it's switched on.
    In fact it's the most likely scenario.