Close

BL Touch Z Prob Offset Not Saving

I have a Ender 3 Pro with a V4.2.2 board and I just installed my BL Touch. Many Hours into trying to figure out how to get the z probe offset to save, I still dont have any luck. There is no option to set a normal z offset in the on the printer even before the firmware flash. I can manually adjust the z probe offset before a print but it doesn't save. I have it set to the correct height but after I hit save and power down the machine, it will go back to whatever the BL Touch sets it as after I power it back on. I have not found a solution as i am still newer to the 3d print world as well as G Code. If any one has any information on what i could do or try, id greatly appreciate it!

Student
    Add VampireD on Thingiverse
    You can try these settings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2A0b7XQEaI

I am not 100% sure what you mean. Are you trying to save the auto bed-levelling data? Are you trying to bring the nozzle closer to the bed after the BL Touch has homed (G28), is that what you mean as Z offset? Have you edited Marlin so that it knows that there is a BL Touch installed? Are you using Pronterface or Octoprint to connect to the printer? If you provide more information, we may be able to give you a solution.

I have not been around 3D printing long myself, so can appreciate your frustrations.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Try using M851 - XYZ Probe Offset to set your Z-Offset.

You can use M420 S1 ; Bed Leveling On to restore your Bed leveling data on the last line of startup G-Code.