Close

Flashforge guider II s: poor layer adhesion

I have my guider II for a few months now and it was performing very well.Recently I upgraded flashprint from version 3.25.1 to V 4.4.0V 3.25.1 "refused" to produce gcode for tree-supports, V4.4.0 solves that issue.But right about that time I get poor layer adhesion.I can just pinch a finger jail right through the layers, or the layers would rather break in stead of the support breaking off.Did a small test print (17 cm, vegetable reproduction), perfect.Printing some small tools, 1 cm high, same problem again.Printing in PLAsettings:Resolution: StandardLayer Height: 0.18First Layer Height: 0.27Shells: perimeter: 2Infill: Density: 25%, Pattern: TrianglePrint speed: 60 mm/sExtruder temp: 225°CI moved to Triangle pattern because I noticed the hexagon pattern faded away to straight lines after X layers.Density increaded to 25% (originaly 15%), but with no improvement.I can hear the extruder motor skipping during printing regularly.That would suggest not enough filament is going through the hot end, but then again I got excellent prints for months,and that behavior is there from day 1.

Example of a good print:
    DSC09478.jpg

Example of bad print:
    DSC09479.jpg
    Last edited by pelgrim; 10-17-2020 at 11:19 AM.

Well, it is not just the guider II, the inventor has issues as well.
    My last update caused similar issues that I was able to solve by adjusting some parameters - resulting basically in lower print speeds.
    The spiderweb infill is a problem I noticed since the last update as well.

Might be obvious but:
    The last updates included some minor things changed in flashprint and some thing added that are new - at least for my model.
    For some reason all my nicely tuned profiles got lost - or to be precise, altered.
    Literally set back to default values for most settings.
    It might be a good idea to double check every single tab before going fully mental

Skipping through the gears in th extruder should mean it tries to exturde more than what is physically possible.
    Either as the surface is blocked, like for solid infills, or when options like combined infill are used.
    What works fine at high speed and with 0.1 or 0.18 millimeter layer height might be too fast if the infill only happens every second layer - 0.36 would be pretty much on the limit anyway.