Close

Resin printing, and how to do it better.

Hello everyone,I have 2 of the Creality LD-002R and 2 other FDM printers, I tend to lean more to resin printing as the final product tends to be nicer, but not always the needed quality is aesthetics.One question I've been trying to solve is the amount of support that's needed, I use Chitubox for slicing and most of the time, use the auto support feature and then tweak from there.The last problem I ran into was when printing a fan wheel for a combustion blower, I printed it with 3D Nova's blue https://www.amazon.com/******-Printe...57&sr=8-8&th=1As I had around 8L of it laying around from a prior project.The most annoying thing is the sheer amount of support this software puts into it, I'm afraid of removing support as I don't want it to fail, it's a 10 hour print (not that bad, I know) so what's my leeway? How can I minimize the support for this part?Here's some pictures of the final item, it works and it's solid but the wheel is definetley not balanced and I didn't even bother trying to balance as I knew it would be next to impossible with the amount of stuff on it. Ideally I could minimize support and then balance it.I'm also running into an issue with my FEB sheet getting stretched or whatever it's called when the sheet deforms, only happens on 1 printer from what I can tell, I've replaced the FEP sheet multiple times, the screen, re-leveled the bed, reduced curing time and it still happens. I have to stand the wheel up, I can't lay it down as it's too big so it puts supports all over the thing, if I could just do the bottom, I could make it work.What do you guys think?
    Attached Images Attached Images