Close

Thread: ZYYX 3D Printer

ZYYX 3D Printer

Here we go again, yet another new 3D printer. This machine, the ZYYX 3D Printer, is designed in Sweden, and includes several interesting new features. These features include a care-free build plate system which is explained further here: http://3dprint.com/9538/zyyx-3d-printer/ as well as a fume filtration system which eliminates the possibly toxic fumes printers can give off when printing in certain filament materials. The Printer will cost 1550 Euro upon its launch in a couple of weeks. Here are the basic specs of the ZYYX 3D Printer.

• Printer Size: 43 x 54 x 45.5 cm
    • Printer Weight: 16 kg
    • Build Volume: 270 x 230 x 195 mm
    • Filament diameter: 1.75 mm
    • Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
    • Print Speed: 150mm/s
    • Filament Compatibility: PLA, Flexible PLA, ABS, Laywood, Laybrick, T-glase, Nylon, PLA, TPU

Below is a picture of this new 3D printer. Let's hear some opinions!

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I just saw this on Twitter...as a noob to 3D printing, and struggling with leveling my build plate, I would get one of these for that alone.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Looks like a cool machine, technology wise it puts Makerbots to shame.

Lucid, we gotta get you squared away on that leveling, it isn't that hard. Remember this printer will cost about 2x as much as the Flashforge once you get it shipped.

Technician
    No heated bedplate? I bet lagre ABS parts will be very hard to print. Full enclosure with fan and filter is nice.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trhuster View Post
    No heated bedplate? I bet lagre ABS parts will be very hard to print. Full enclosure with fan and filter is nice.
    You can bet your life that there will be an upgrade or third party add on for a heated chamber that cannot be included at sale time because of patents. No need for a heated bed in that case.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    You can bet your life that there will be an upgrade or third party add on for a heated chamber that cannot be included at sale time because of patents. No need for a heated bed in that case.
    Well, mabey you are right. Who knows. Which one should you chosse? Zortrax M200 or ZYYX if you bought one today?

Engineer-in-Training
    Don't you need a heated bed to get ABS to stick?

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DPBuser View Post
    Don't you need a heated bed to get ABS to stick?
    Not if you have a heated chamber and a heated bed introduces problems of it's own where accuracy is important.

Update:
    Swedish 3D printer manufacturer ZYYX has added a number of new features to their popular, streamlined machine famed for its enclosed design that features its own ventilation system. Now, in an effort to focus on preventing failures and wasted materials, ZYYX offers a filament monitor, failed print detection, and new software features to ensure higher 3D print quality. For more details on the new features, check out the full article: http://3dprint.com/43378/zyyx-3d-printer-improvements/