Close

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: My First CoreXY

Technologist
    2.0.9.2 is latest release (but I don’t think has support for the Octopus Pro) - https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/releases

Looks like it was released 25 days ago.

Got my attention too now. Bugfix version (at least) includes support for BTT’s tft35, so I won’t need to run the marlin 12864 emulator mode

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    Well I was hoping I was gonna slow down on the rate at which I have been bleeding out the monies on this hobby. But I guess that is just not in the cards. It has been pointed out to my ignorant self that the higher temp filaments in which I am wanting to print all want an enclosure to assist in maintaining an ambient temp and also a silicone bed that can handle the high extruder temps. Because I turned the bed sideways on my Big Red printer an enclosure for that would have to be absolutely huge and a separate structure built over the printer. For a coreXY I can just apply paneling to the sides of the cube. And so I am thinking about taking the mmu2s and maybe using it here and there on old blue(geeetech i3) then taking the 3 color mixing parts off of Printalicious and putting them on Big Red so that I can take the BondTech BMG-M extruder with Mosquito hotend and apply it to this: https://www.tronxyonline.com/Tronxy-...mm-p61067.html . Sounds like a lot of fun doesn't it? My current 3 color mixing printer, Printalicious, has a ugly wooden frame and my Creation Station would look awesome with Big Red on the left and the huge CoreXY on the right. Nothing but aluminum extrusion any way you look.
    Hi and sorry for the reviving. Would you recommend this model finally? Or Tronxy have got the best option on price-quality ratio(I'm comparing with it)?Thanks in advance
    Last edited by FrankyMC; 04-10-2022 at 09:37 PM.

Technologist
    The X5SA is a bit of a lucky dip. It's a decent frame (and indeed, that frame has been repurposed by several designs, such as the VzBot), with bottom of the barrel components and electronics. It's a printer that you should anticipate a need for upgrades.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I wish i had gone this route and would strongly recommend this printer right here: https://voronkits.com/products/voron...t-newest-model And here is a video on that printer from a trusted name in the 3d printing community: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E0dM0ZdpRE

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I have a BTT UPS 24v installed on all of my printers. Battery backups suck because they have a finite amount of time allowed for a print to finish. Even a 3 day long print that just started hours ago can be saved in a power failure if only the BTT UPS 24v was installed..

On this printer I have mounted the UPS under the frame rail. Tucked away and out of sight it is always ready to save my prints whenever the power failure comes and without any big bulky or heavy battery backup sitting on the floor or next to a power outlet. Just this..

For anybody interested in the extrusion mount in the above picture it can be downloaded right here: BTT UPS 24v Extrusion Mount by AutoWiz - Thingiverse

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I had to take a break from my hobbies for a while but I am finally getting back to it. I really want to finish my huge CoreXY and it was almost done. I had it down to some wiring and firmware. But then life happened. Anyways there is a lot of dust on my zero mile and kinda pricey printer. I will work on that but for now I am sorry for the dusty pictures. I have finished my power supply, SSR, and power receptacle. They are all together on one side of the frame and wired appropriately..

The Meanwell is a 450watt 24v 1u power supply so it fits really nicely in compact places. The SSR is a CRYDOM and it is supposed to have in built zero cross despite not having a fifth pin. To go along with the SSR I have raised the fuse amperage in the power receptacle from 5a to 10a just so it wont pop the fuse when it is trying to heat the bed..

Just a couple more wires. I have the 2 endstops to connect to the mainboard along with the smart filament sensor and then i need to connect some ribbons and some wires for that tft70 and I am ready for the firmware. So close..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    And we are alive. I have Marlin 2.0.9.3 configured for it. This was very easy for me as I already have 2.0.9.1 configured for the Big Red IDEX with also with an Octopus board and running dual Z Auto Align. So the firmware is very close and that part of this went fast. I do still have a host of verifications and calibrations to go through before I get to a print but it is up and running enough for me to test the UI.. The Foot Input works perfectly! The icons are big enough on the 7" touchscreen that my big toe works just fine.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    The first thing I decided to print was the 3Dbenchy. But 200% scale. Because my nozzle is 2x the size at 0.8mm and I am printing at 2x the layer height at 0.4mm-0.6mm.. The benchy came out great. Of course. This is just a first thing I could think of to print. It will be the only benchy ever printed on this rig.. The part cooling fan is perfect. Blowing air directly where it should. And a lot of it, too. The G34 command works splendidly. Exactly as I had hoped for. I will make a video and upload it showing what it does and how it does it soon. But for now check out how nice this benchy came out for being printed with such a large nozzle and layer height..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Here is my take on active bed leveling with the Quad Z Auto Align feature in Marlin 2.0.9.3..

Quad Z Auto Align with G34 - YouTube

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast