Close

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: My First CoreXY

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    toes not so much - but inquisitive noses. probably :-)

It's a bright thing at cat head level, with slightly moving bits of the picture.

All custom made to attract a curious animals attention.

And midway through a 40 hour print.....

Were you to start making things, the kids might get re-interested lol ;-)

Also by kid level i meant, balls, feet, skateboards, abandoned bags, jackets etc.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    My cats wouldn't do me like that, CA. They are smart and sophisticated and we respect each other's stuff.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Yes! Finally. It is here. The BTT Octopus Pro..

This board has a few notable improvements over the Octopus. It can support 60v power to the stepper motors. It also comes in 2 flavors. One with a slightly faster processor with a little less flash size and one with a slightly slower processor but 2x the flash size. The difference in speed is small 180mhz vs 168mhz. 12mhz difference for 2x or half as much flash size. We should be more focused on choosing the right flash size in selecting this board.

This project took a step backwards as I removed the mainboard I was half way into wiring to use as a replacement for my IDEX. Now we can get back underway. Hopefully we will see the brightest Neo Pixel lights, yet. Out of my rigs, anyways.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Sooooooo, Here's a thing. Marlin 2.0.9.1 does not seem to support the BTT Octopus Pro. How about that.

The specific Pro I got doesn't even have the same processor as the Octopus and so I couldn't just use that.

Also there is no option to setup the Pro as the default envs in platformio.ini Or to select it from the drop down menu on the left column when clicking on the alien head. It just ain't there.

And so I will finish the wiring but I fear my quad Z coreXY project wont be able to run until after the next Marlin release. Which shouldn't be long, I am sure.

Technologist
    2.0.9.2 has fixes for the octopus. Might be enough to get the Pro working. I haven't had a look at what is fixed though.
    https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/releases

Edit: Nevermind. Doesn't look like it's enough.
    Edit 2: Bugfix has support for Octopus Pro - https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Ma...c/pins/stm32f4
    Last edited by Martin_au; 10-26-2021 at 01:34 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Almost. But it is only for the Pro with the same processor as the Octopus. STM32F446ZET6..

My Pro is driven by STM32F429ZGT6.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    so maybe time to look at reprap firmware -
    isn't that one reason for the larger memory size on the new
    board ?

Technologist
    Just had another look. Looks like there is support for the STM32F429ZGT6, using the same pins as the old Octo board. Check out https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/pull/23008

It's not specifically mentioned in the stm32f4 folder, but is referenced in pins.h, where it sets up an environment for the F429 version.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Ya if you could believe a moderator in the Marlin F.B. group posted a screenshot of that and when I asked the MODERATOR where he found that the only response I got was his ass. Awesome F.B. group that should make anyone else want to explore Klipper or Octoprint. TY and I will look for it. Also why are you saying 2.0.9.2? There was 2.0.8.2 then 2.0.9.1. Unless you know something else I don't? I am not calling you out but asking for clarification? It does make sense that there would need to be a new version after the mainboards release.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    so maybe time to look at reprap firmware - isn't that one reason for the larger memory size on the new board ?
    Have you used RepRap firmware? And do you like it? I want to try it. How difficult is it as compared to the marlin where I just have to uncomment things to apply them in the firmware?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast