Close

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: My First CoreXY

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Here is what that part looks like installed..

I am almost ready to start wiring. I just have to mount the smart filament sensor and the cable chain for the extruder. Then it is off to the races on electrical. This is really starting to look like one of my rigs..

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Also I have these cats that simply do not respect my stuff. The orange Tabby in the picture, Pumpkin is 15lbs and the Lynx Point Siamese, Noel is 13lbs. That's 28lbs on top of the bed testing my rig before I ever get to..

Even with all that weight the T8x4 leadscrews with the anti backlash nuts do not let the bed drop at all. I am happy with that.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    For anybody that sees this and is interested I have shared the files needed for this 4 Z leadscrew conversion on Thingiverse free for any and all right here: TronXY X5SA 500 4 Z Leadscrew Mod by AutoWiz - Thingiverse

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I have noticed one potential issue.
    No not the cats lol
    Although cat fur in the rail slots can't be good ;-)

The touchscreen mounted at floor level.
    Umm, why ?

Doesn't that make it a pita to use the panel ? Given how tall the machine is, wouldn't mounting it along the top make a lot more sense ?

Also given a housed full of cats, kids anf people - isn't it likely to get knocked - a lot - at that level.

Just looks wrong to me and given how easy it would be to put it at the right level - why keep it so low ?

Unless the printer is going to be placed on a table - but i understood it is to be freestanding on the floor - hence the massive legs.

Other than that - it's a true work of art :-)

On another note. Just finishing up a phone mount for my tripod.
    Using pet-g on the delta.
    Gotta say, it's looking bang on. really clean print.
    The PET one got broke somewhow, think someone knocked it over and never mentioned it.

So thought I'd go with petg. guessed (at this point, it's not really 'guessing') the numbers: 245 on the nozzle 65 on the bed and 60mm/s max speed, and 0.3mm layer height with a 0.5mm nozzle.
    Not a spider web in sight :-)

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Now that's funny right there. You are trying the PETG and I am trying the PLA+. I took your advice. I do like the way it prints. I got a spool in green and a spool in blue and I am going to try to reprint the 2 color world with my IDEX build again. I still will only use the PETG for my printers but I gotta start producing some good quality trinkets to show off or people are just gonna think I am spinning my wheels without ever getting anywhere with all the years of modding and junk.

I am working on wiring this thing up and realized I do not have lights yet. I'm gonna do something different. I can always change it later but I wanna try these and see how they work and look first. Cold cathode uses very little electricity and is a vibrant light. I used to use these in my gaming PC's..

people are just gonna think I am spinning my wheels without ever getting anywhere with all the years of modding and junk.
    Had never even crossed my mind ;-)
    Lights, huh - clearly essential to a succesful print.....

And about that control panel ?

Still got to sort the stringing on the pet-g - but with the delta's bowden tube, not sure whether to go longer or shorter, or slower.

Been printing at 0.25mm - and the prints look like they've come out of an sls setup.
    You get the same kind of semi-rough textured surface.
    Interesting stuff, and it sands and files well.

odd the gif doesn't work.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 09-19-2021 at 07:52 AM.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    The touchscreen mounted at floor level.Umm, why ?Doesn't that make it a pita to use the panel ? Given how tall the machine is, wouldn't mounting it along the top make a lot more sense ?Also given a housed full of cats, kids anf people - isn't it likely to get knocked - a lot - at that level.Just looks wrong to me and given how easy it would be to put it at the right level - why keep it so low ?
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    And about that control panel ?
    Because I wanted the big 7" low res touchscreen to have purpose and meaning. And with the screen and oversized power switch mounted where they are I can perform all of this printer's operations with my big toe.

it's also at cat level and kid level.
    So, you know - not ideal.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Dammit you are a genius CA. My kids all grew bored and left me hanging but maybe I can get my cats into 3d printing. They do always seem so interested in whatever I am doing. I gotta see if their toe beans will trigger a capacitive display.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast