Close

Thread: My First CoreXY

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook

My First CoreXY

Well I was hoping I was gonna slow down on the rate at which I have been bleeding out the monies on this hobby. But I guess that is just not in the cards. It has been pointed out to my ignorant self that the higher temp filaments in which I am wanting to print all want an enclosure to assist in maintaining an ambient temp and also a silicone bed that can handle the high extruder temps. Because I turned the bed sideways on my Big Red printer an enclosure for that would have to be absolutely huge and a separate structure built over the printer. For a coreXY I can just apply paneling to the sides of the cube. And so I am thinking about taking the mmu2s and maybe using it here and there on old blue(geeetech i3) then taking the 3 color mixing parts off of Printalicious and putting them on Big Red so that I can take the BondTech BMG-M extruder with Mosquito hotend and apply it to this: https://www.tronxyonline.com/Tronxy-...mm-p61067.html . Sounds like a lot of fun doesn't it? My current 3 color mixing printer, Printalicious, has a ugly wooden frame and my Creation Station would look awesome with Big Red on the left and the huge CoreXY on the right. Nothing but aluminum extrusion any way you look.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 10-03-2020 at 11:39 PM.