Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dismantled the printer ,at least the electronics and reconnected everything.
    Also disassembled the hotend once again.
    I swapped the stepper from E0 to E1.Same happens.
    Also swapped the hotend from E0 to E1.No difference.
    Well looks like I am out of options.
    What should I do?
    Should I bother to get another motherboard or sell the printer and get another one?

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Do you have the ability to make a video post it to a share like google drive or You-Tube

Then Post a link so we can see!!!

Yeah,I will upload a video.
    For now I'm doing some tries with increased temperature.
    Looks like 210 C and up ,PLA somehow manages to print.Anything lower than 205 and within a minute,the extruder starts skipping.
    I will get another complete hotend,as I haven't changed the heatsink.Found a E6D clone and I'm now printing the carriage.Hope it will manage to finish the print.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Yes it is sometime difficult to determine the temperature that is best for different filaments.

My 3D Printers print PLA at 202C this temperature was verified with a temperature probe on my digital multi-meter.
    When 3D Printing ABS set temperature to 232C and a enclosure temperature of 36C prints very good without any warping.

Remember these temperature work for my system an my not work for your material and 3D Printer.
    I purchased some inexpensive filament to keep cost down, though have never had any problems to date with my cheap filament.
    Filament is now 3 years old and kept in storage containers with moisture eliminator from the dollar store.

Replacing about every 6 months.

Moisture Eliminator.jpg

I think downloading cura and use a profile from a website thats already setup for your model and do a print just to see if a setting somewhere in simplify might be causing it Talk to Strangers
    Last edited by kennamurray; 10-14-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Yes it is sometime difficult to determine the temperature that is best for different filaments.

My 3D Printers print PLA at 202C this temperature was verified with a temperature probe on my digital multi-meter.
    When 3D Printing ABS set temperature to 232C and a enclosure temperature of 36C prints very good without any warping.

Remember these temperature work for my system an my not work for your material and 3D Printer.
    I purchased some inexpensive filament to keep cost down, though have never had any problems to date with my cheap filament.
    Filament is now 3 years old and kept in storage containers with moisture eliminator from the dollar store.

Replacing about every 6 months.

Moisture Eliminator.jpg
    I goy a box and placed all my filaments inside alongside with all the silicone tabs that are given with the filaments,electronics etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by kennamurray View Post
    I think downloading cura and use a profile from a website thats already setup for your model and do a print just to see if a setting somewhere in simplify might be causing it Talk to Strangers
    I tried that and nothing changed.

I got a whole new hot end.This one
    61cjrhrh86l._sl1200__-_?????????_grobo.jpg

Left the same electronics,fan,thermistor,resistance etc but still the same.
    Sothe only thing left is the motherboard.
    I m going to disassemble the hotend and the motherboard and connect only the necessary things on a bench to test.
    I might borrow from a friend an Anet A8 to do some swapping,see if I can find out something.

Forgot to take a vid,gonna do that when I get them on bench to test.

Well here is a vid.
    The motherboard was on a chair with connected just the necessary.Heater,thermistor and the extruder.Nothing else.
    You can clearly listen to the extruder clicking.
    Note that the heater and the thermistor are different from those on my printer,so definetely not a problem of these two.
    I think changing the MB is the only way to go before other radical solutions

For the record,
    I sold the printer and got an Ender 3 V2.
    Works great so far with my old filaments.
    So I guess it was printer related issue.

it would appear that my concern was with the feed rates and speed, at any rate I don't get additional skips, yesterday when I attempted to print I got a stop up however I don't know why possibly temperature or something different but rather the engine didn't skip. you should investigate that on the off chance that you haven't as of now. trust that will support you. minecraft pour pc
    Last edited by malik123; 11-24-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12