I just picked up a Stratasys Uprint SE. It's a beautiful machine, very easy to use. But it appears that it may be the most expensive 3D printer to operate, based on filament pricing. This uses an EEPROM in the canister to track spool usage, which is awesome. But compatible spools are $125 each or more.
There are 3rd party EEPROM re-programmers, which are a great deal - IF there is compatible 3rd party filament that will work. This is question #1. Does anyone have experience using non-Stratasys filament in a UPrint SE?
Another odd thing I see, and I'm not 100% sure of this one, is that it appears that the SE model can ONLY use the ivory / natural color filament. The SE Plus model allows colored filaments. Does anyone know if there is something about the colors that makes it incompatible with the nozzles / heat settings / ?
I expect that if I purchased a Stratasys filament in a color, the EEPROM would tell the machine, and maybe it would not allow it. But if I find a good 3rd party filament alternative, and can re-program the EEPROM, does anyone know if colored filament might cause any problems?

Summary of questions:
1. is there a 3rd party filament that will work in my Stratasys Uprint SE?
2. is there any reason that a colored filament would be a problem in this machine?

Since this machine is new to me, any other tribal wisdom is welcome!

Thanks in advance -
Dan