Close

RPI3 alternative

I think my pi is going out as it is fairly old.Im having problems getting octopi running without shutting off after 30 minutes or less. Does anyone have experience with any of the other microboards? Does anyone have any recommendationsMy printing setup is a Crealty 10S

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Well one direction you could take is getting an SKR 1.4 Turbo board: BIGTREETECH SKR V1.4 SKR V1.4 Turbo Control Board TMC2209 TMC2208+EEPR – Biqu Equipment . And a set of silent TMC2226 stepper drivers: BIGTREETECH TMC2226 V1.0 Stepper Motor Driver – Biqu Equipment . Then you just need to get this here RRF WiFi v1.0 board: BIGTREETECH BTT RRF Wifi V1.0 Module Expansion board 3D Printer Parts – Biqu Equipment . And then you can use Rep Rap Firmware. OH, and if your printer is running at 12v you could always get a nice MeanWell power supply in 24v.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Furthermore I just wanted to add that while the RRF WiFi v1.0 board says it is for the SKR 1.4 and Turbo it is because of them shorty ribbons it comes with. This board can be applied to other boards just connected to the same exp1 and exp2 headers with maybe different ribbons. I point this out because the SKR processor on the 1.4 runs at 100mhz, the Turbo is running at 120mhz, and the SKR PRO runs at 168mhz: BIGTREETECH SKR PRO V1.2 32 Bit Control Board – Biqu Equipment . Also the BTT 002 runs the same cortex m4 microcontroller running @ 168mhz: BIGTREETECH BTT002 V1.0 32 Bit Motherboard with TMC2209 Driver 3D Prin – Biqu Equipment . The BTT 002 is a little cheaper and a smaller footprint so it might fit in your control box better than the SKR PRO. But the PRO is definitely the better board.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    or you could just get another raspberry pi as it's probably cheaper and a lot easier than autowiz's route :-)
    You probably don't need anything more than a pi 2 or 3
    ALso you could try applying active cooling to your existing pi board. Sounds like something is overheating to me

Autowiz just likes re-building things :-)