Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

3D Printer Issue Need help

Alright, so my school while not being too rich, got a 3D printer some time back as a blessing from the seniors, which is really cool. So I got into making a few models for 3D prints. Notwithstanding, as of late I planned to take a stab at utilizing the 3D printer just because, and was informed that there is something "incorrectly" with it and it wasn't printing right. I'll add some photographs later to be more explicit on what it could be, yet the library (individuals who have the 3D printer room) stated, in the event that I could fix it, I could utilize it at whatever point I need for nothing until my senior year (one year from now after summer break) So I'm asking any individual who knows the slightest bit about how to fix this, to please assist me with making sense of what's happening Thanks Tl;dr: School 3D printer is broken, in the event that I fix it I can utilize it free of charge gbwhatsapp
    Last edited by Georgeanthony; 12-02-2020 at 08:49 AM.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    We need more information
    Make Of 3D Printer Model of 3D Printer and of course the problem you are having with the 3D Printer.

At this point we can tell you If we can assist you in fixing this 3D Printer or passing you to someone with more experience to assist you.

Staff Engineer
    In addition to the printer type, it is useful to pass along what happens when you apply power (turn on the switch) to the printer. If there's something seriously amiss, be ready to flip the power off if it begins making horrible noises or the nozzle tries to ram itself into the bed.

With the additional information, there is hope for your objective.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    pictures are always nice too :-)

Staff Engineer
    One word is worth one one-thousandth of a picture!

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    ...or passing you to someone with more experience to assist you.
    And here I am. So what we are gonna need here is a 32 bit control board with some silent TMC2209 drivers, touchscreen, 24v power supply, and a damned expensive extruder. All you have to do is convince your school to send me that printer with a whole mess of money. And you can enjoy high quality, reliable, and easy printing for the foreseeable future.

OR

You can continue on your current path, letting us walk you though this simple process of teaching you the steps to get it running yourself.
    This step is the most rewarding because in the end you can forever tell the story of how you repaired the 3D Printer at your School.

Staff Engineer
    Roberts_Clif has the right idea. You'll learn basic troubleshooting and repair and possibly quite a bit about 3D printer construction. If you continue to provide information and answers to our questions and follow appropriate directions, you'll be a whiz in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    One word is worth one one-thousandth of a picture!
    This has always been true an a short video posted to You-Tube or a share like google Drive will give so much more information.

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    But guys some people are into 3d design and just want to draw and create and dont want to have to dump 3 years of their life learning a different trade just to get to design and create in a 3d environment. I think this gets lost on a lot of us hobbyists. This person is crying they want to use a printer. I read no mention of a desire to become a 3d printer diagnostician, repair tech, or engineer. Just my $0.02

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast