Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: printer died

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by frierson22 View Post
    Stupid question - how do I get breaks in my response. I use the return to break up the long text into easier to read groups, but when I post, the breaks go away.
    I just type like always

Carriage return gives me another line (Enter) in windows
    What are you using to connect to the forum.

Molex connector

Hot-Bed Cable

Last edited by Roberts_Clif; 09-19-2020 at 06:39 PM.

Technician
    I use Microsoft Edge most times.

Yes that's what I needed. At this point it's easier for me to reconnect broken wire to the connector than to open the control panel and attach the other end there.

Technician
    I just figured it out.

Clicked on remove format box - whatever that means - it worked.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    as far vas the formatting goes - try switching to firefox.
    Not only will it speed up your internet browsing and stop microspoft spying on you (well a bit anyway), but you should find that things like text formatting should fix themselves.

I mena edge is actuially better than chrome, but neither is particularly good and both have fairly major agendas.
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefo...ce=firefox-com

Technician
    So I finally got my new power supply. It was easy enough to hook up - just moved wires straight from the old one to the same spot on the new. It turned on and everything seemed fine. But when I try to heat the bed or the nozzle it freezes with a "powering down" message. I can turn it off and back on. I can use the controls to move the nozzle around for a few seconds, then it will do it again.

So frustrating - I haven't been able to print since mid September.

Anybody know what could be causing this? I'm ready to just get a new printer. Problem is, the best deal for the money I can afford seems to be Tronxy and I'll have the same problem getting replacement parts.

Technician
    I figured it out - the voltage switch on the power supply needed to be switched from 220 to 110.Duh - I remember having to do that when I first set up the printer, but forgot to check with the new power supply. Thank goodness - I will be printing again.

Technician
    I'm back again with more problems. My heated bed is out again. From the pic it's easy to see where it failed - same as always.

20201120_172231.jpg

I added a Mosfit board and since then I have just been replacing the female connector, or, if possible, just the damaged wire end. The male connector looks worse every time it happens, but so far it has continued to work.

20201120_171958.jpg

The male connector is soldered directly to the bed and I would not know where to begin replacing it.

Is there a way to strengthen or improve that connection that a novice could safely handle?

Earlier on this thread you mentioned about an under-rated Mosfit board? Should I look into replacing what I have with something else? I don't even totally understand what it does or what to look for when shopping for one.

20201120_173823.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12