Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Nah its cool, this issue bugs alot of people and a great solve is just to use a glue stick around the perimeter of where the print is going to go, this will give the edges a good stick throughout the print job.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    or use pla :-)

John,
    I disagree. I read your post in the email alert and found it to be very helpful. It would be a good post for anyone just getting started. This is an incredible forum and appreciate the great advice. I bought my FF last week to print a prosthetic hand for my son. Until I found this forum I wasn't sure I'd ever figure it out to the point where we could start printing his hand. We're going to spend a couple weeks playing around with materials and settings before we try the hand. I'm thinking about starting a new Thread to show our progress with the "Hand Project" and solicit advice. Do you think that would be an appropriate use of this forum? Thanks!

Technician
    Thanks. I felt like I was being kind of snotty, and the thread went well beyond any short-read I gave it.

How old is your son? I saw a cool article this week:http://gizmodo.com/iron-man-prosthet...per-1647614019 . That is a great step up.

This forum is a great place to get information and support. All the best to you and your son, and your project! Please keep us informed!

Cheers,

John

Quote Originally Posted by kdurbs View Post
    I'm thinking about starting a new Thread to show our progress with the "Hand Project" and solicit advice. Do you think that would be an appropriate use of this forum? Thanks!
    There is a section for Prosthetic's here at this forum. If your problem is because you are using a FlashForge, you will probably get better results in this area. But if the question is about problems making Prosthetic's, the other area might get you a better answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    There is a section for Prosthetic's here at this forum. If your problem is because you are using a FlashForge, you will probably get better results in this area. But if the question is about problems making Prosthetic's, the other area might get you a better answer.
    Thanks. I just found it.

Technician
    can i just say try geoff's advice, as pretty much everything he has told me, guided me, has been spot on. just waiting for a reply in my thread now ????.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456