Close

Student

EnvisionTec Perfactory IV

Hi All

I am new to this forum and wanted to ask if anyone is looking for an EnvisionTec Perfactory IV ST printer. I estimate it to be a 2015/6 model and it comes with some consumables and partially used resin (out of date), the machine has had limited use and I am led to believe that the projector has been refurbished, but cannot guarantee this.

I have just joined a company and this machine is surplus to requirements - we have a suite of Formlabs printers that suit our need better.

Any idea on what this machine is worth would also be very useful.

The Printer is located in Cambridgeshire UK
    Last edited by Robbo1970; 09-10-2020 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Missed Info

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    well - apparently - depending on extras (high resolution module etc) it would have been worth around £50'000 when new.

However, that was 5 years ago - which in 3d printing terms is about 20 years in normal development terms.

So a comparable size and quality dlp resin machine could probably be had today for a few thousand.
    It would appear to have an unusual wavelength - so one thing to look at is how easy it is to get the resin and what that costs.
    Assuming you can still get it.

What's it worth ?
    Sheesh - how long is a piece of string.
    Probably anywhere from £1000-5000.
    Depending on what the buyer knows.
    And what resin it can use.

I can't imaging anyone paying more in the current climate - as you said yourself, the formabs form 2 and the new larger sized machines probably do a better job.

Good luck :-)

Student
    Thanks for your response. Not sure what to do with it to be honest, but in the 1st instance it's going in to storage, so at least I can recover the space it's taking up.