Close

Help with updating firmware?

(Let me just start off by saying I have very little experience with this type of thing so go easy on me) I have a CR-10s Pro and I cant seem to figure out how to update my firmware. Any tutorial i have watched either hasn't worked or is out of date. Could someone by chance give me some steps on how to do it? The reason I want to do this is because I bought a new sensor omegle xender for my printer and it works but when I begin a print the nozzle goes down to detect the bed, up and then down again to detect the bed again like normal, but then the nozzle just dives into the bed and nearly breaks the nozzle. Also the nozzle goes off to the top left corner instead of the middle when beginning a print. I'm just assuming this is a firmware problem so I just wanted to try updating it to the normal firmware since the current firmware I have is the tinymachines one I believe? Please help!
    Last edited by CarsonGrey; 09-10-2020 at 12:58 AM.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what motherboard is your printer using ?
    Different boards use different update procedures.

If you are lucky and have a32 bit board you can usually just drop the file son an sdcard and power the machine up.
    If not you have to deal with IDE - and personally I don't feel life is long enough to waste it messing around with Arduino IDE :-)