Close

Ender 3v2, filament Snaps and spools out after about 1hr printing

Hi,

Have just purchase a new Ender 3 v2 printer. Its fresh out of the box and all calibrated.

It seems to be printing well, but continually hitting the same problem about an hour into the print.

I've attached an image, but basically you hear the filament stepper start clicking and then it possibly jams and starts spooling the filament out of the top of the filament feeder:

IMG_6921.jpg

My assumption is that the filament feed gets stuck for some reason, it can't feed anymore so snaps and spools out.

When I pull the filament out, I don't see any issues with it i.e. it looks straight and clean, no bubbling or melting. I can pull it straight out, feed a new one in and starts ok, nothing stuck.

Everything looks stable, secure and fitting without issue.

Just hoping someone can give me an idea what might be happening.

The filament is the stock filament that comes out of the box. The nozzle is set to 200c, bed 60c and fan 255.

Many thanks in advance

Note: Notice after printing the stock cat that comes with the software that the second print fails at the exactly the same time. Either that is time related or code related, as both the heights of the failed cat print are exactly the same. Just trying another one. Will update results.
    Last edited by mflammia; 09-07-2020 at 07:44 AM.

I would suggest checking that all your PTFE tubes are fully inserted and snug, and check the tension on your extruder...beyond that, not sure, never have had that issue....sorry

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    keep an eye on the temperature of the hotend.
    if it drops too low the filament won't feed and that could conceivably happen.

The odd thing is it looks like the bowden tube is still attached - so how is the filament coming out ?
    Ie: where is it coming from ?

Thank you for posting replies.In relation to the filament it snaps at the point it goes into the feeder tube from the stepper gear / grimp, and then curls around the stepper gear as it has no where else to go.So I printed the stock cat and both times it failed at exactly the same point, so thought I would try the stock dog one and it worked fine!Just in the process of printing another object, so far all good.Must have just been bad code?!Appreciate the quick response and assistance anyway.Thanks.