Close

3D Capture software

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a program that can capture a 3D render that the computer is currently using. For example I'm playing world of tanks and press a take snapshot button, it takes the rendered frame(entire scene being rendered) at that moment and turns it into a 3d model. I have had the program before and used to it capture several renders from in game, and turn in-game rendering into a source of models.

I used the program years ago and have forgotten the name of this program. It can basically turn anything being rendered in-game into a printable (or modifiable) model.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    sounds like a useful tool - when you remember what it was, let us know :-)

With 3D Ripper DX you can capture all geometry, textures and shaders, rendered during single frame, import captured geometry into 3D Studio Max or Maya, see what exactly has been drawn by each individual draw call; and see renderstate, textures, vertex streams, index stream, vertex declaration, vertex and pixel shaders (including HLSL source code if available) of each individual draw call.3D Ripper DX supports only DirectX 6.x, 8.x and 9.x applications. OpenGL, older versions of DirectX and software renderers are not supported.

Program was called 3D Ripper DX.

New program found 'Ninja Ripper', a modern version ripping tool that could successfully rip WoT. This is exactly what i was looking for, just have some file transfer errors [(Rip to OBJ is a problem at the moment) (website has plugin for blender which fixed this issue)] Tell me what you think of this program

https://0curtain0.github.io/ninja_ripper.html

Ok the issue i have now is there is no skeletal support from the software (everything gets dumped on a pile within itself), i think i can manage to work with it though as its only 4-5 pieces make a tank (out of 2000+ pieces). This is a bit of a pain so would appreciate anything that would help me with this.

after I align these polygons in blender i assume my next step would be to print 3D

Success:

I have my first model ready for print (large German tank from WoT) and I assume it will go all good. This website has everything you need to rip 3d scenes from a program, convert to .obj in blender, and then into 3d printer software isn't a problem.

Ok what I need now is better support for what I have.

First issue is all the model fragments I ripped are being loaded into blender all at 1 point. so i have to be careful because i might not be able to find what i'm looking for in the mess

If anyone has software or knows anything that could help me please comment, As this is the 3rd day i have invested into this. I'm a fast learner but don't have any good resources to go from. Please help

My process is as followed

1.Run ninja ripper
    2.Select game to launch
    3.Rip from game exporting as .rip
    4.Then import .rip to blender
    5.Fixing up the mess in blender
    6.Export from blender as .obj
    7.Load .obj by creality then rescaled
    8.Converted to Gcode
    9.Copy to printer
    10.Printed
    Last edited by Doongas; 09-09-2020 at 04:48 AM.

I'm looking for alternatives to ninja ripper if anyone knows any?