Close

Questions concerning new 3d printer

Hello,
    I am new into 3d printing and purchased the Ender 3 V2 and after assembly I have printed a couple of small knick knacks with no concern. It wasn't until I tried messing around printing miniatures and it was a complete mess. I then saw a 3d printer test print on thingiverse and decided to give that a try. The item number on thingiverse is 2806295 - *Mini* All In One 3D printer test. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2806295. The specifications for the thingiverse object only said to use .2mm for the resolution (assuming the same as layer height) and then 100% infill with no supports. I use Cura for the slicer and the standard quality default profile was .2mm layer height, so I use that profile and made sure no supports were set and changed the infill to 100%. (I can give more specifics if needed) The Ender was set to bed tempature of 60 degrees and nozzle tempature of 200 degrees using PLA. I have a couple of concerns after the 4 1/2 hour print. The lettering detail on the small lettering looks really bad. There are a couple of spots on the bottom that are raised. The layering as the print started to print towards 80 degrees became way more noticeable. To me the 90% of the structural parts of the print seem great, but as I am new to this so I am not sure. So hopefully someone can help, because I don't quite know what to do to fix these issues (or at least improve them) or if it is something that is expected with the cheaper (relative) side of 3d printers.
    Thanks in advance for all your help, and if there is any other information that is needed I will provide it.
    IMG_0504_1.jpgIMG_0501_1.jpgIMG_0497_1.jpgIMG_0496_1.jpgIMG_0510_1.jpg
    Last edited by dsmalloy87; 09-07-2020 at 02:47 PM.